User Avatar Image

ToMI - Fullgame Patch ?!?

posted by Todesreiter on - last edited - Viewed by 750 users

Ahoi Folks... is there a Chance to get a Patch for ToMI
to play the whole Season in one Part without a Brake?

I hope thats possible (official or unofficial) ... :confused:

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I find it unlikely.... What would be great, though would be a TTG launcher where you could select all episodes instead of one individual launcher for each episode... It could still be the telltale default launcher but with six "launch game buttons", one per episode. And when you close the game you could still chose another episode. Would certainly avoid the "close launcher, start menu or whatever, open next episode launcher, launch game" routine. And it be awesome for the DVD release.... :D

• Probably would be impossible untill the DVD release, at least.

• I've seen this suggested before... As far as I recall, it is possible, but it would require lots and lots of time and work.

• I know that the first two seasons of S&M dvds did have a single launcher that you could launch all 5 or 6 episodes from, individually.

So, the Launcher is probable, on the DVD.

• I too am wondering if maybe they will combine the game for the dvd release, would be a shame if we lost the chapter credits sequences tough.

• I wouldn't say it's impossible. Weirder things have happened, like LucasArts deciding to license out Monkey Island to a relatively small, episodic game developer. But I'd file it under "pretty unlikely", due to the logistics of the issue.

• @Santar said: I too am wondering if maybe they will combine the game for the dvd release, would be a shame if we lost the chapter credits sequences tough.

Well, I suppose they could put them on the dvd as a feature?
    Or have the choice to play as a full game or episodes, losing the credits in the full game, but still having them in the single.

I don't know, but I'd love to see it played as a continous ~20hour game.

• Funny thing is if Tales is played as one long game it's actually a decent lengthy adventure game instead of five rather short ones :)

I'm pretty sure if I added all the time I've spent playing trough the chapters, it'd probably add up to somewhere at least around the playtime of the other games in the series.

• @Santar said: Funny thing is if Tales is played as one long game it's actually a decent lengthy adventure game instead of five rather short ones :)

I'm pretty sure if I added all the time I've spent playing trough the chapters, it'd probably add up to somewhere at least around the playtime of the other games in the series.

That's the whole point. It's supposed to be one long game like the others in the series, its just that each chapter is a separate download.

• Though I would never see it, because I have a deathly aversion to physical media, I have softened a bit on the idea of this season remix thing that always gets brought up. In the case of TOMI, it probably would make a good full length game all spliced together. I don't think it's likely to happen, but yeah, it would work here.

(Though I haven't played EP5 yet.)

Add Comment