User Avatar Image

Morgan LeFlay? (SPOILERS HERE)

posted by Maxilyah on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

So is Mo' still a ghost, or what? When she said "Ghost Pirate Hunter™" did she mean that she was a Ghost, and hunts pirates, or did she mean that she hunts ghost pirates?
I'm assuming the first one, since she walked away from the Voodoo Lady as a ghost.
While I'm pleased that she's happy with this ending, I can't help but feel upset that Guybrush didn't really seem to have any concerns, especially after all she did for him! I mean, for all he knows, she's still rotting at the crossroads!
Okay, sorry, just needed to rant about that.
Comments, ideas, etc.?

98 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • One thing about Morgan I wish was explained, or maybe I missed it... what happened to Morgan's body?

• @Maxilyah said: So is Mo' still a ghost, or what? When she said "Ghost Pirate Hunter™" did she mean that she was a Ghost, and hunts pirates, or did she mean that she hunts ghost pirates?
    I'm assuming the first one, since she walked away from the Voodoo Lady as a ghost.
    While I'm pleased that she's happy with this ending, I can't help but feel upset that Guybrush didn't really seem to have any concerns, especially after all she did for him! I mean, for all he knows, she's still rotting at the crossroads!
    Okay, sorry, just needed to rant about that.
    Comments, ideas, etc.?

he was just happy it was all over and hes back with elaine it will proboly sink in after a while also I MISS THE HOOK!

• Hook hook, where's the hook, hook hook hooooooooooook.

• She'll be a villain of the second season, that's for sure.

That's badass, refreshing, and adorable.

• @Falanca said: She'll be a villain of the second season, that's for sure.

That's badass, refreshing, and adorable.

I kinda hope she's not. I don't think she'll directly be out for Guybrush (again). But I hope their paths cross and she's a considerable thorn in his side - just not a direct nemesis for him.

• Maybe she'll get her own spin-off! Who's with me?

• ^
    Good lord, no.

I still didn't really care much for Morgan in this episode but I know she has a lot of fans so all the character emphasis AGAIN was to be expected. The scene where she calls Guybrush out for being a wuss is nice though. It's also kind of funny that as much as I severely dislike the voice chosen for her, it was a lot better when she was depressed for some reason. My friend and I were all "hmm, I think her voice actually fits now" but then when she got confident again it went back to normal and we were all "oh nevermind."

As for her being a ghost, I don't really think she was intended as a villain at the end (I mean if after all those scenes they're really going to pull that stunt I'd be pretty angry) though I do think she was portrayed rather carelessly. Even if I don't like the character I was hoping IF she came back to life she'd join the crew like Winslow, not something in between. Since I had all those "feel sorry for this character and like her please" cutscenes shoved in my face, I would have liked such an ending. Oh well.

• I love the Monkey Island games. Morgan has been the most interesting addition to the series to me.

Strange after all the Monkey Island games, I still do not like Elaine.

• I liked her in the very first game. Then it just weeeent downhiiiilll.

• @PecanBlue said: ^
    Good lord, no.

I still didn't really care much for Morgan in this episode but I know she has a lot of fans so all the character emphasis AGAIN was to be expected. The scene where she calls Guybrush out for being a wuss is nice though. It's also kind of funny that as much as I severely dislike the voice chosen for her, it was a lot better when she was depressed for some reason. My friend and I were all "hmm, I think her voice actually fits now" but then when she got confident again it went back to normal and we were all "oh nevermind."

As for her being a ghost, I don't really think she was intended as a villain at the end (I mean if after all those scenes they're really going to pull that stunt I'd be pretty angry) though I do think she was portrayed rather carelessly. Even if I don't like the character I was hoping IF she came back to life she'd join the crew like Winslow, not something in between. Since I had all those "feel sorry for this character and like her please" cutscenes shoved in my face, I would have liked such an ending. Oh well.

The development of Morgan LeFlay its pretty sustancial and more so than any other character. She has risen as more important than Murray, Stan and gotten to the level of Lechuck and the Voodoo Lady. We get to know more of Morgan and her reputation, her admiration for Guybrush, later her cooperation and smartness into the plot by being involved in quests for adventure and lastly she dies and apparently comes back to life due to the voodoo lady.

She clearly appeared to be working with her and puts her on the level of principal antagonist and with unresolved plots to solve at the end of the game. Because we as players dont know whats her involvement and deals with the voodoo lady. And what part will Lechuck play in the voodoo lady and LeFlay's plan (if they are really working together).

Add Comment