User Avatar Image

Chapter 5 Suite

posted by Trenchfoot on - last edited - Viewed by 151 users

I know nobody really cares about this, but I just wanted to post the suite I edited from the music of Rise of the Pirate God. I tried to follow the narrative of the game, starting with the ambient music from the underworld to the really violent version of LeChuck's theme. I also the included the Monkey Island theme at the end as a sort of closure to the suite.
This is the longest one of the three I've edited so far. Its duration its almost 30 minutes, but it's a very good listen if you understand how Land's music has matured in Tales. It's not anymore about catchy reggae tunes, this time it's about very complex orchestral music, despite being synth.
I hope that for the soundtrack release they are able to record the music with an orchestra, even trying this I suggested about suites.

Anyways, enjoy....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UXDW5Y1

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thanks, great work!

    Are you planning on doing suites for episodes 1 and 3 as well?

  • @Laserschwert said: Thanks, great work!

    Are you planning on doing suites for episodes 1 and 3 as well?

    Yes, I'm planning to do those too. I think I'll do episode 1 first because episode 3 will be the hardest to do as a whole, because the music is really strangely cutted and it will be terrible to put together.
    But anyways, thank you for your good comments! :D To be honest, I didn't think anyone would answer :p

  • I'mk listening to your other 2 suites regularly, and just today I was hoping, that you would do another one... and there it is :)

    Only one little complaint though: Any chance you could encode the files at 320kbps? Since they are compressed OGGs to start with, the quality really suffers then re-compressed down to 128kbps. I don't think Megaupload would mind the size-increase ;)

  • @Laserschwert said: I'mk listening to your other 2 suites regularly, and just today I was hoping, that you would do another one... and there it is :)

    Cool! Thanks a lot again! :D

    @Laserschwert said: Only one little complaint though: Any chance you could encode the files at 320kbps? Since they are compressed OGGs to start with, the quality really suffers then re-compressed down to 128kbps. I don't think Megaupload would mind the size-increase ;)

    Sure, no problem. This week I'm having lots of final exams, but on friday I have the last one, so on saturday I'll start with a new suite hopefully and then I'll re-upload the other three better compressed :)

  • @Trenchfoot said: I know nobody really cares about this, but I just wanted to post the suite I edited from the music of Rise of the Pirate God. I tried to follow the narrative of the game, starting with the ambient music from the underworld to the really violent version of LeChuck's theme. I also the included the Monkey Island theme at the end as a sort of closure to the suite.
    This is the longest one of the three I've edited so far. Its duration its almost 30 minutes, but it's a very good listen if you understand how Land's music has matured in Tales. It's not anymore about catchy reggae tunes, this time it's about very complex orchestral music, despite being synth.
    I hope that for the soundtrack release they are able to record the music with an orchestra, even trying this I suggested about suites.

    Anyways, enjoy....

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UXDW5Y1

    hey! I care! :)
    The two other suites are in my mp3 player and I listen to them almost every morning when I'm going to work. they cheer me up in these cold mornings, and it's funny to see people walking around you while your listening to some Club 41 or Spinner Cay music :D

    Thank you! :)

  • @EllisonPav said: hey! I care! :)
    The two other suites are in my mp3 player and I listen to them almost every morning when I'm going to work. they cheer me up in these cold mornings, and it's funny to see people walking around you while your listening to some Club 41 or Spinner Cay music :D

    Thank you! :)

    Wow, thank you very much! I don't know exactly why, but the fact that you listen to them so often makes me so happy. I know, I'm such a nerd... But as I said before, aren't we all here?

    Again, thank you!

  • I had the Ch 2 and Ch 4 suites on loop the last time I cleaned my apartment.... which was right after the Ch 4 suite came out. It's horrible in here now.

  • Hey, I listen to them! :) Thanks! I love the soundtrack, so it's nice to have tracks put together like that!

  • @Jake said: I had the Ch 2 and Ch 4 suites on loop the last time I cleaned my apartment.... which was right after the Ch 4 suite came out. It's horrible in here now.

    Well, time to add the Ch 5 suite to the playlist and clean that monster again... which reminds me... mine looks like hell as well right now.

  • @Jake said: I had the Ch 2 and Ch 4 suites on loop the last time I cleaned my apartment.... which was right after the Ch 4 suite came out. It's horrible in here now.

    That's great! I imagine you cleaning your apartment while "Swordfight" plays! I should try that one day. It must be so awesome!

    Something I'm confused about, Jake... You said "right after the chapter 4 suite came out". Sorry, I didn't understood that part. Could you explain?

    And by the way, is there any chance you know if the soundtrack release will be synths (just like the game) or orchestra? Thanks in advance!

    Hey, I listen to them! Thanks! I love the soundtrack, so it's nice to have tracks put together like that!

    Great to hear that more people here like the TOMI soundtrack! I was getting so sick of those people who said "ooh there were no catchy tunes! this sucks!" :p

    As I say, thanks to both of you guys for your positive response! But of course the credit isn't really mine, I just pasted them together in a kinda crappy way (Chapter 2 has some terrible tempo mistakes :p ). Of course, the credit belongs to Michael Land, which I hope is able to return for season 2!

Add Comment