User Avatar Image

The Secret of Monkey Island SE: for PC

posted by jhuddy on - last edited - Viewed by 127 users

I used to have this for the Xbox 360 but didn't like it with the controller, so I'm thinking of getting it for the PC. But when it first came out people were saying there were missing backgrounds on Monkey Island and missing textures. Do you know if this has been fixed? Or did any of you have a problem with your version?

12 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nope, worked fine on my system.

  • @jhuddy said: I used to have this for the Xbox 360 but didn't like it with the controller, so I'm thinking of getting it for the PC. But when it first came out people were saying there were missing backgrounds on Monkey Island and missing textures. Do you know if this has been fixed? Or did any of you have a problem with your version?

    Whoa, I'll never touch it if that's true. NEVER!

  • I don't think anything was missing. Everything looked pretty good to me when i played it. The only missing thing i saw (or didn't as the case may be) was the Sam&Max voodoo idols infront of the giant monkey head, but thats due to legal reasons. They are present if you switch back to the 8-bit versio though.

  • @Friar said: I don't think anything was missing. Everything looked pretty good to me when i played it. The only missing thing i saw (or didn't as the case may be) was the Sam&Max voodoo idols infront of the giant monkey head, but thats due to legal reasons. They are present if you switch back to the 8-bit versio though.

    One of the most interesting posts ever, like time travel. LOL

  • @Friar said: I don't think anything was missing. Everything looked pretty good to me when i played it. The only missing thing i saw (or didn't as the case may be) was the Sam&Max voodoo idols infront of the giant monkey head, but thats due to legal reasons. They are present if you switch back to the 8-bit versio though.

    They were replaced with a different easter egg. In the updated version, there's a tentacle idol in their place.

  • @jhuddy said: I used to have this for the Xbox 360 but didn't like it with the controller, so I'm thinking of getting it for the PC. But when it first came out people were saying there were missing backgrounds on Monkey Island and missing textures. Do you know if this has been fixed? Or did any of you have a problem with your version?

    Xbox 360 version = PC version.

    There are some parts were there was a little of a, let's say, leak of the original art into the new, but it is not something you really noticed unless you are looking for it I think. And it was also on the 360 version.

  • @jhuddy said: I used to have this for the Xbox 360 but didn't like it with the controller, so I'm thinking of getting it for the PC. But when it first came out people were saying there were missing backgrounds on Monkey Island and missing textures. Do you know if this has been fixed? Or did any of you have a problem with your version?

    Not missing backgrounds. Just unfinished ones. With bits of the old lo res background shining through. It's the same backgrounds on the 360 as on the PC, so it's just as rushed on that version. But if you didn't notice on the 360, then just get it for the PC. On the PC we have the advantage that it's possible for fans like you and me to fix some of the sloppy work, so over time the PC version will get much better than the 360 version. Some have even made a hair-patch for the Guybrush-sprite if you don't like it.

  • Thank you all for the feed back!

    the MI community is awesome!

  • so i finished downloading it over steam. and when i got to the scumm bar everyones voice except guybrushs voice stopped working. did this happen to anyone else?

  • @jhuddy said: so i finished downloading it over steam. and when i got to the scumm bar everyones voice except guybrushs voice stopped working. did this happen to anyone else?


    Didn't happen to me. Or, at least i don't think it did... Try talking to people whop aren't in the Scumm Bar. Do they have voices?

Add Comment