User Avatar Image

Elaine and Guybrush kissing? Chapter 5

posted by mrschaatsbergen on - last edited - Viewed by 503 users

Warning: this may contain spoilers!

I was just wondering why we never see Elaine and Guybrush kiss? I mean, if my lover was to return from the dead and I thought I would never see him/her again, than a big kiss is the first thing to do! Same thing with chapter 2 etc.

Does Telltale think we are 5 years old or something? ;) Or do they want to avoid the "juicy" romantic thing in the whole narrative?

It kinda made me miss something in the whole ending on the boat at the end of chapter 5... I was just a simple hug and that was it!

Do people share my thoughts or am I just making too much fuzz about this? :D

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Me too.
    I believe that the ending sequence it's a bit rush.... like the CMI ending.
    That's a pity, because it don't satisfy you.
    No kiss, a short hug and suddenly the credits. All too quick. And more questions to answer than joyful moments.
    I hope in a newer version with a slightly longer ending... it will be ok also with only a longer hug. But I know it will never happen. :(

  • I don't think you're making a fuzz. ;-)

    There have been a couple of people in here mentioning this and I guess we all think it's kind a strange that we've never seen them kiss before.

    I don't think a simple kiss would spoil the 5-year-old-players of this game, after all, Anemone also kisses Guybrush briefly in Siege, so my guess is it's either the lack of time for animation, or, as you suggested, trying to not let the romance become too "juicy".

    Or Elaine simply avoids kissing Guybrush too often because he becomes aroused too quickly. :D

  • @Mermaid said:
    Or Elaine simply avoids kissing Guybrush too often because he becomes aroused too quickly. :D

    We already know that Guybrush can handle Elaine in Fishnets, ...and Elaine tied up, ...Telltale have actually put a more vivid image of their sex life into our minds through comments! I'm sure a little kiss isn't going to ruin things, haha.

  • I think it's more because kissing isn't really considered piratey, and having actual on-screen sex (which is very piratey) really would be a bad idea.

  • @Ash735 said: We already know that Guybrush can handle Elaine in Fishnets, ...and Elaine tied up, ...Telltale have actually put a more vivid image of their sex life into our minds through comments! I'm sure a little kiss isn't going to ruin things, haha.

    Yeah, I think they are ready for that kiss now. But mind you: Guybrush says that _sometimes_ and only on his birthday Elaine would wear fishnets. That's rarer than rare if you ask me.

  • while they couldn't do sex... i'd love them to do one of those sexual misunderstanding jokes... you know like in three's company where mr furley walks into the apartment and overhears jack and chrissy hanging a shower curtain saying things such as "you're folding it the wrong way" and "it wont reach" and junk like that... or even something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaCMIzArTo4 between guybrush and morgan xDDD

  • @GaryCXJk said: I think it's more because kissing isn't really considered piratey, and having actual on-screen sex (which is very piratey) really would be a bad idea.

    i think the dancing boobs of the voodoo lady are
    enough on-screen sex for the whole season :eek::D

  • Elaine's kinda avoided PDA since the beginning, and I assume that's a pretty big factor.

  • I think you're all wrong, and it's actually because it's quite hard to have 3d models interact so intimately without it looking immensely stupid! :)

  • @Gryffalio said: I think you're all wrong, and it's actually because it's quite hard to have 3d models interact so intimately without it looking immensely stupid! :)

    It can't be that difficult for those talented people working at TTG...

Add Comment