User Avatar Image

DEVS: How about creating a new long Monkey Island game?

posted by simpanssi on - last edited - Viewed by 210 users

It would be great to see a new MI. Its the best game series I've played for a long time (beating CSS etc.). Perhaps using Tales of MI graphics, even more unique puzzles (which allrdy rock), multiple ways to go thru story, able to have sex with Morgan? :D

What do you people think?

Telltale team, think about it.

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I, for one, like the episodic gaming format and found that Tales is at a good length game because of it.

@simpanssi said: able to have sex with Morgan? :D

No.

• I'm going to ignore that last little bit. But for the rest, I understand what you're saying. Except multiple ways to go through a story? Eh...

Besides, episodic is the way TellTale does things. I like it.

• ok that would be too much to ask :)

• Don't worry. Signs have been released all abroad that the true secret is a commitment from Lucasarts to be revealed to the fans so I recon we will be seing a final installment of a complete game. Patience.
    Demetris

• I hate these multiple endings things. If a story's worth making, it's worth the developers bothering to decide upon a story and sticking to it :p

• @simpanssi said: It would be great to see a new MI. Its the best game series I've played for a long time (beating CSS etc.). Perhaps using Tales of MI graphics, even more unique puzzles (which allrdy rock), multiple ways to go thru story, able to have sex with Morgan? :D

What do you people think?

Bioware, think about it.

Fix'd.

np: Das Bierbeben - Warum Faltest Du Die Hände (Alles Fällt)

• If I might draw this to your attention...
    Telltale released a new Monkey Island game half a month ago.
    I don't think they're going to fritter away their time on this idea.

• Well, if you prefer having a full game, just wait until the last chapter is released and then download and play them all. This way you get the option of playing either way. Personally i think episodic suits MI (tales at least). It builds suspension, and hence immersion in the series, over a five month period.

• @simpanssi said: multiple ways to go thru story, able to have sex with Morgan? :D

What kind of game do you think MI is?
    I think if they did things like that it would completely miss what MI is all about.

• Hyvä simpanssi!

I agree totally with simpanssi except the multiple ways to go through the story thing.

99.9% of games are released non-episodic so i dont see how can the episodic style of releasing a game be better!? But if its Telltales way to work i guess its alright. When the season ends its still a whole game with chapters like in the previous MI games.
    However, I still would like to see the next (I hope not last) MI game to be that non-episodic 40 hour (minimum :)) adventure game.

@Irishmile said: What kind of game do you think MI is?
    I think if they did things like that it would completely miss what MI is all about.

OMG! Some of you guys have no sense of humor at ALL!
    Simpanssi was clearly just goofing around!

Add Comment