User Avatar Image

Really crappy Sam and Max Flash Animation

posted by GinnyN on - last edited - Viewed by 859 users

I put it here just because... well... I get inspired to try to learn this stuff again by reading posts here... and, appart, I don't really know anybody who can help me improve in this stuff, so, here we go. Any constructive critic is encouraged.

I grab a sample of Max's voice from the Games using the telltale sound extractor, and I tried to "animate it". I was planning to continue the conversation, but, it's about time to go to bed. And since people here care about my sleep time...


Try number 1.
I warned you! It's really crappy

81 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • it's okay, not as crappy as you said it was.

  • Aww ... you're like a mini-Majus! Although I'm a bit disturbed by bishie Sam. (Hey, Sam actually looks kind of SIX FOOT TALL DOG. STOP THINKING THAT NOW.)

  • @Lena_P said: Although I'm a bit disturbed by bishie Sam. (Hey, Sam actually looks kind of SIX FOOT TALL DOG. STOP THINKING THAT NOW.)

    That probably is because I draw him like three heads and a half wide for some reason I still cannot figure out ("bishie" manga style, for call it in a way, has that "proportions". Or at least CLAMP's). Also because my style is in the middle road of been cute and rounded...

  • Well, at least you didn't give him glasses, then I'd have really been done for. (You know, if in the future you feel like drawing broad shouldered human guys with glasses let me know, okay? ;) ) You really did do a good job though. Max's ears look slightly demonic, but otherwise I'd say you did a fantastic job. It's very lively and expressive and nicely animated.

  • It's great! Goes really smooth and the expressions are well done.

  • User Avatar Image
    Majus Telltale Staff

    Yeah it’s good! Many animations in there and no »I only animate the mouth«-lazyness. And if you want to improve yourself, just make another one, and another one, and another one, and another one… gets better and better.

  • Okay Ginny, you have officially been praised. Now go do as Majus said and animate more cartoons to entertain us with! *whiplash!*

  • I always love how Max has devil like ears, it's awesome.

  • @Lena_P said: Okay Ginny, you have officially been praised. Now go do as Majus said and animate more cartoons to entertain us with! *whiplash!*

    Yeah, I notice that. Now I'm wondered if that was a good idea...

    At least I have motivation...

    @Lena_P said: I always love how Max has devil like ears, it's awesome.

    That in fact is a mistake... I was so into the animation that the drawings are much more fast than usual.

  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

    My favourite Max expression is where he gestures with his right paw (coincides with "avoided"). Very cute. :)

    [ATTACH]1027[/ATTACH]

    @Lena_P said: Well, at least you didn't give him glasses, then I'd have really been done for. (You know, if in the future you feel like drawing broad shouldered human guys with glasses let me know, okay?)

    Ah, I love broad-shouldered guys with glasses... and just guys with glasses... and, well, guys in general really. :p

Add Comment