User Avatar Image

So will Monkey Island return for 2010?

posted by Victory63 on - last edited - Viewed by 273 users

So with Tales of Monkey Island shown to be Telltale's most successful series yet, will the series be brought back for a second season in 2010?
Maybe Guybrush returns to the Tri-Island region, or maybe we get to play as Elaine, or maybe another new region all together.
Plus what new characters or old characters will appear?

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The series just ended. Dont expect another one immediatly! (look how long we had to wait for Sam and Max Season 3, or how long it's been between Strongban S1 and S2) If it is going to be continued it likely wont be for another year or three

• @Vitas said: So with Tales of Monkey Island shown to be Telltale's most successful series yet

This sentence still has my doubts.

@Vitas said: ...will the series be brought back for a second season in 2010?

[mere speculations later on]

Unlikely, I have to say.

• ToMI is definitely its most successful series; it combined Telltale's fans with that of LucasArts to create an ÜBER FANBASE.

Who's to say whether it'll come back? Sam & Max is coming back for a third season, so I'd say there's another ToMI on the cards. Just not necessarily for 2010.

• I'd say maybe two or three years..I mean we have sam&max still, a series like that, and then maybe ToMI season 2..maybe it depends.

• @Tentacle said: ToMI is definitely its most successful series; it combined Telltale's fans with that of LucasArts to create an ÜBER FANBASE.

But to be honest, we can't really tell exactly how successful it was financially or how well it met expectations until someone at TTG releases more information. ToMI is the first series I've bought, so I don't have the experience to compare it to others, but the fact I'm a new fan of TTG is a good sign. Another good indication can be found on the main forum page: "Most users ever online was 1,335, 07/07/2009 at 03:04 pm." That's the day chapter one was released. A bigger fan base? Probably. Most successful series? Depends on the return on their investment. I'd be willing to bet this next season of S&M will be the best yet, not only because TTG has improved, but because they have grabbed a lot of attention recently.

• Nice link. If Dan Conners was making those remarks way back in July, then ToMI was rolling in significant profits before chapter two was even released. That certainly weakens any arguments that people may have only purchased the first chapter to check it out.

• @Thiftweed Fancy Pants said: That certainly weakens any arguments that people may have only purchased the first chapter to check it out.

Considering you couldn't buy individual episodes until much later, that argument doesn't hold any water anyway.

As for another Monkey Island in 2010, I doubt it. My money is on 2011 at the earliest.

• Being an absolute fan who doesn't know anything about how the business side of things are run, or any side of things are run to be honest, I'd say 2011 is probably the earliest we'd see a season two. I really doubt Telltale is working on another season of Tales already, and I also doubt that they'll leave the design team to just sit and twiddle their thumbs for a few months before they get a go ahead from Lucas to do a season two. I'm guessing they have something already lined up for them to work on when they get back from the Christmas break. What I'd really like to know is how LA felt about working with Telltale. If it wasn't successful enough for their tastes, that'll throw season two out the window completely.

• The only think I dissagree with you on, lena, is that if ToMI is really as popular and successful as everyone claims, I bet LA/TTG are already talking. Even if it isn't I bet they've already talked about wheather to make another season.

I suspect the "yes or no" has been answered to some degree of solidity, however I doubt they have much in the way of p lans unless there were some unused concepts from S1 that they're going to use in S2.

Add Comment