User Avatar Image

VPU error

posted by sanosuke32 on - last edited - Viewed by 542 users

Hi, I am trying to run sam and max but for some reason when in the opening it says Sam & Max, when the letters come up, it will freeze. If i leave it, the screen will go black and it will start up again for about 1 second then freeze again. I am running a ATI Radeon 9800 graphics card with 512 ram. From what i've read, my computer is capable of running this game. I have the latest drivers installed too. First i tried it with the cd drivers, then i upgraded from the site, but same thing. If i try and press ctrl+alt+del, either my hard drive will shut down completely and i have to manually shutdown my computer or it will come up with this error:

VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands

I have read upon this issue and i have tried to turn vpu recovery off and i also turned off Prepare an error report...
I have also tried to change all settings to performance and not quality and i have tried AGP speed 2x and 4x, along with making the resolution 600x800.
I have also tried deleting prefs.prop file

Thanks

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
Add Comment