Menu
User Avatar Image

"The End" ?

posted by Lena_P on - last edited - Viewed by 549 users

Why did movies use to flash "The End" at the end of a film? If I had just seen the heroine agree to marry the hero, kiss him and then the music swelled and the newsreel started up again, I think I'd have been able to figure out that was the end of the film.

61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Do not. Expect. A sequal.

Maybe.

• i was sat in a movie thearter for 4 months till i relised it was over cos no one flashed the end

• @Sailorcuteness said: i was sat in a movie thearter for 4 months till i relised it was over cos no one flashed the end

When your mom told you to "get out more" I don't think that's what she meant.

What finally made you realize it was over, anyway?

• I just wish "the end"s were a little more accurate. Lord knows I've seen lots of things say "The End" but there's something after the credits.

• @Lena_P said: When your mom told you to "get out more" I don't think that's what she meant.

What finally made you realize it was over, anyway?

the ushers wrote the end on A4 paper and i apluded and left

• Did you take the paper with you? In case this happens again, I mean.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Sailorcuteness is one of a rare breed - people leave before the movie has finished all the time these days. You know how sometimes there are additional little scenes after (or during) the credits, and some people miss them because they rushed out of the cinema to beat the line for the bathroom? Yeah. That would never happen if "The End" was still around.

Is it super-geeky that the title of this thread immediately made me think of the very first Red Dwarf episode? :p

• @puzzlebox said: Is it super-geeky that the title of this thread immediately made me think of the very first Red Dwarf episode? :p

Tehee, yeah, »The End« of the first episode of Red Dwarf… I didn’t know the show, but when I read »The End«, it was so funny I knew I’ll love it!

Anyway, first thing I was thinking when reading this thread was a short-story we had to write in second or third grade… I wrote a cool time-travel-adventure with two guys and a professor in the stone-age… anyway, I proudly wrote »THE END« at the end, because it sounded so cool, like I made an epic story (that was only one page long).
    Then my teacher striked »The End« out, with her horrible red pencil. :(

• Maybe she loved the story so much she was hoping you'd write more of the Epic Adventures of the Two Guys and the Professor? Or she hated fun.

• @Lena_P said: Maybe she loved the story so much she was hoping you'd write more of the Epic Adventures of the Two Guys and the Professor? Or she hated fun.

Oh, the story was brilliant, these two guys activate that time machine by accident, then a bunch of prehistoric men attack them, so they return home.

I think she hated fun.

Add Comment