User Avatar Image

Show us some linux love - Linux Port?

posted by pirate132 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Since Tales of Monkey Island will be ported to Mac I would like to ask if it will be possible to make a Linux port too.
Perhaps there are some more linux users who would like to play it natively on their system, if so, raise your hand!

Are there enough linux users out there who would like to play Monkey Island (without any emulation/Wine/VM) on linux?

110 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't know how to use it. Computers in hell all run Linux.

Someone had to say it.

• Have you tried running the games on Wine?
    Running Telltale's games on Android would be awesome!

• Actually, you didn't. Please people, there have been so many forums and message boards brought down in their prime, innocent victims of the Platform Wars. Let us not allow the TTG forums to suffer from the safe fate.

pirate132 asked nicely if there were sufficient Linux users to justify Telltale making a Linux port, a sensible question.

• Would buy all your games also for Linux :)

• @Ne0n: thats why I said natively. I know that there is Wine. But since they port it to Mac OS there might be a possibility to convert it to linux too. Mac users could use it with VMWare too but we are talking about native support.

@Falanca: it was a serious request so please stop that.

@Lena_P: this shouldn't be a flamewar thread about OS. So I really hope that there will be some linux users adding their voice for a port and perhaps some official reply from TTG about it.

@CheekyBoinc: that makes two already ;) Spread the word!

• @Lena_P said: Actually, you didn't. Please people, there have been so many forums and message boards brought down in their prime, innocent victims of the Platform Wars. Let us not allow the TTG forums to suffer from the safe fate.

pirate132 asked nicely if there were sufficient Linux users to justify Telltale making a Linux port, a sensible question.

It was a refference to Sam & Max (season two), where all the computers in hell actually did run linux. At least the one in santas hell anyway. Just incase you didn't get the refference.

OT: Whilst i don't run linux, and don't know anyone who does, the more platforms the merryer i say!

• @Friar said: It was a refference to Sam & Max (season two), where all the computers in hell actually did run linux. At least the one in santas hell anyway. Just incase you didn't get the refference.

OT: Whilst i don't run linux, and don't know anyone who does, the more platforms the merryer i say!

No, I got the reference, which is why I didn't delete the post. At the same time I wanted to make it clear up front that flamewars are discouraged. This is in the ToMI forum, after all, and there are Tales fans who aren't familiar with Telltale's Sam and Max games.

• I think it'd be great if it was ported to Linux. I'd buy it again, even though I already have it for the wii! What a fantastic game!!

• I use Ubuntu on my computer, but it's an old laptop. Well, kinda old. I have no clue if it would be able to actually run the games.
    I know it doesn't with wine, because I tried. Installs everything fine but when I try to start it asks for the key and does nothing.

My husband's desktop runs windows so we're playing there. I won't deny it would be nice to be able to play it on Ubuntu, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort for Telltale, since I don't think there are that many Linux users.

• Well, there are that many users, but how many of them are gamers like us? Lot's of people that use Linux use it for some kind of work... like professional networking for instance... just not games...

Add Comment