User Avatar Image

Cost of shipping of DVD of Monkey Island

posted by zinzan on - last edited - Viewed by 487 users

$18 to ship to Ireland is more than a bit ridiculous for one DVD... have paid it as I want the DVD but I think you are fleecing us somewhat. Very disappointed.
:(

39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It didn't bother me one bit. I just used the large shipping price as an excuse to buy the Tarot Cards and pre-order The Devil's Playhouse, because that pushed my order over $50 which meant that I had free shipping due to the limited offer.

• @zinzan said: $18 to ship to Ireland is more than a bit ridiculous for one DVD... have paid it as I want the DVD but I think you are fleecing us somewhat. Very disappointed.
    :(

It's not Telltale's fault that it costs so much to ship to foreign countries!

• I agree - this is not cool, Telltale.

For the Sam & Max games I believe they had regular US Post ground shipping, and that came to something like $7. Forcing us to pay $18 for a "free" copy of something we've already purchased is not cool. I live in Canada and don't see why I should have to pay such an exorbant shipping price, especially when we got by perfectly well without it twice before.

Telltale, legitimately upset customers here, can we get a response please?

• @dementia13 said: I agree - this is not cool, Telltale.

For the Sam & Max games I believe they had regular US Post ground shipping, and that came to something like $7. Forcing us to pay $18 for a "free" copy of something we've already purchased is not cool. I live in Canada and don't see why I should have to pay such an exorbant shipping price, especially when we got by perfectly well without it twice before.

Telltale, legitimately upset customers here, can we get a response please?

You've got a response. It's in the comments section of the second latest blog entry.

Anyway, it isn't Telltale's fault, they didn't want it to happen like this. Don't blame them, there's nothing they or you can do about it. You don't know any of the details as to why these shipping rates are so high, so please keep quiet.

• I guess it's fair enough - had you bought the CD version then they would have told you the shipping rate at the time. This way, the shipping fee is being applied later on. The DVD is still free. Telltale isn't making any money out of it, but they aren't going to lose money by chipping in and paying the shipping costs for you.

Edit: And I'm a UK guy, so it isn't just the yanks that are ok with us being charged loads ;)

• how do I get refund on duluxe so i can reorder with free dilavery I ordered hastley XD

• Still, there has to be an explanation, WHY the shipping to Europe almost doubled!

Telltale, please, anything?

• @Laserschwert said: Still, there has to be an explanation, WHY the shipping to Europe almost doubled!

Telltale, please, anything?

Shipping to Europe is expensive.
    It's not Telltale's fault. They're making more than up for it by offering the "pay $50 or more and you get your shipping free. They're even ceil-ing the values, so if you order for 49.90 you get shipping free, world wide.

My advice: get the Deluxe version + Sam & Max Season 3 for 49.90 and you pay 0 for shipping. Basically that means that Telltale GIFTS you Sam and Max if you live in the middle of Europe where shipping costs as much as the whole season.

I'm more than happy that we have this opportunity. :3

• @Guinea said: Shipping to Europe is expensive.
    It's not Telltale's fault. They're making more than up for it by offering the "pay $50 or more and you get your shipping free. They're even ceil-ing the values, so if you order for 49.90 you get shipping free, world wide.

My advice: get the Deluxe version + Sam & Max Season 3 for 49.90 and you pay 0 for shipping. Basically that means that Telltale GIFTS you Sam and Max if you live in the middle of Europe where shipping costs as much as the whole season.

I'm more than happy that we have this opportunity. :3

My thoughts exactly.

• @Guinea said: Shipping to Europe is expensive.

That's not the point... the last time I've ordered from Telltale it WASN'T this expensive.
    I just would like to know why that changed. Too much to ask?

Add Comment