User Avatar Image

Season 3 Pre-order on Steam

posted by pcpc9 on - last edited - Viewed by 511 users

Will the game be released on Steam like every other Telltale games?
Will there be some pre-ordering on Steam?
If yes (and if you can answer now), when?

Thanks for your answers

85 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • always remember: you will not get the DVD with the steamversion and the episodes will be released a little bit later

  • I will definitely go with Steam. They charge a lot to ship the free DVD.

  • @Zodler said: I will definitely go with Steam. They charge a lot to ship the free DVD.

    You don't need to get the DVD shipped. I own all of the DVDs, but my copies are still at the warehouse. I'll ship them all in one go, when things get cheaper.

  • Do what I did, preorder S&M season 3, get the special version of ToMI, and any other one thing, your order's over $50 - so it's free shipping! Then get all the discs you're entitled to!!

  • @zmally said: Do what I did, preorder S&M season 3, get the special version of ToMI, and any other one thing, your order's over $50 - so it's free shipping! Then get all the discs you're entitled to!!


    Orders for $49.90 qualify as well. They didn't for a short while, but that was apparently a glitch or an oversight on their part. I just ordered the Deluxe Edition DVD and pre-ordered Sam and Max, and got free shipping for my Tales Deluxe DVD and Wallace and Gromit DVD.

  • STEAM VS. TELLTALE:

    * Same price
    * No DVD vs. Free DVD plus shipping
    * Steam DRM vs. the more unannoying TTG DRM
    * Released later vs. released sooner
    * No extra's vs. exclusive forum, free episode, poster price contest
    * Valve takes a chunk vs. TTG gets all to make more great games

    I am not seeing why ANYONE would prefer Steam, for any reason... may be me. Tell me Zodler.

  • @Hassat Hunter said: STEAM VS. TELLTALE:

    * Same price

    Only if you happen to live outside of europe.
    I guess it will be 35€ on Steam for me which is a lot more.

    @Hassat Hunter said:
    * Steam DRM vs. the more unannoying TTG DRM


    I don't mind Steam.

    But one huge plus for telltale is the fact that I can let my friends & Family use my account and play the games at the same time.

  • @Hassat Hunter said: STEAM VS. TELLTALE:

    * Same price
    * No DVD vs. Free DVD plus shipping
    * Steam DRM vs. the more unannoying TTG DRM
    * Released later vs. released sooner
    * No extra's vs. exclusive forum, free episode, poster price contest
    * Valve takes a chunk vs. TTG gets all to make more great games

    I am not seeing why ANYONE would prefer Steam, for any reason... may be me. Tell me Zodler.

    I couldn't have said it better myself. Especially the last bit. Great gaming company's are now almost totally unexistant, TellTale being one of the few i respect, so i try to encourage them. Of course that's just me being selfish, because i want them to keep making the games i love most:)

  • @der_ketzer said: Only if you happen to live outside of europe.
    I guess it will be 35€ on Steam for me which is a lot more.


    YIKES. Didn't they drop that extortion program?
    If not, then yes... you can get ToMI special edition + S&M3 + free shipping here for the price of a S&M3 from Steam (49.90 dollar = 36.xx (forgot the specifics) euro).

  • Anyway that didn't answer my questions.

    For my choise on steam: First, I don't mind not having a DVD or not. Second, waiting a little won't kill me. Third, steam DRM work well for me. Fourth, I won't go to an exclusive forum anyway. Finally, Valve doesn't take a real big chunk, as stated here by Ron Carmel, co-founder of 2D BOY : http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/10/12/the-steamy-issue-of-digital-distribution/

Add Comment