User Avatar Image

Devil's Playhouse Main Theme

posted by JedExodus on - last edited - Viewed by 218 users

Assuming that it's the piece of music that's playing whilst the narrator actually says the title of the game, it's really really good, I particularly enjoyed the wee theremin thingy over the main hook, it made it for me

Now i'm hella excited for the title sequence!!

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The sci-fi/action themes are all really nice. Jared outdid himself.

• It's really cool how much it feels like it fits Sam and Max, even with all the instrumental jazz characterizing the score of past seasons.

• TellTale always provided great music for they're games and i'm sure this one won't disapoint! OMG i can't wait...

• @Jake said: The sci-fi/action themes are all really nice. Jared outdid himself.

I hate to hear that. Unlike you, I still have to wait a month, dammit!

Now, seriously, just the trailer music make my day yesterday ^^. Even 30 aftershocks didn't stole it's awesomeness. In fact, I rip an MP3 of the trailer to hear that song all the time.

• @GinnyN said: I hate to hear that. Unlike you, I still have to wait a month, dammit!

Now, seriously, just the trailer music make my day yesterday ^^. Even 30 aftershocks didn't stole it's awesomeness. In fact, I rip an MP3 of the trailer to hear that song all the time.

Sharing is caring

• @StLouisRibs said: Sharing is caring

It's the whole trailer, including the voices and everything my friend, no big deal. You can rip it using any youtube to mp3 converter online =P

• @Jake said: Jared outdid himself.

Well i'll see ;) For a composer in video games I have unrelastically high expectations, but Jared helps keep Sam & Max one of the most stylish games out there.

Plus you guys seem to really dig the musical vibe he creates (or maybe it's the other way around) but either way I still count Sam & Max's opening sequence (of any series you guys have done) to be one of the if not the classiest examples out there.

I mean seriously when the only game score you have that challenged you (in my own cretinous opinion) is Hans 'f-ing' Zimmer's in Modern Warfare 2 you know you're on to a damn good thing. Who else can you say to "all right, give us an acapella based/swinging song that we wrote about the lighter side of war and conflict" and he'll go "I'm on it! And dammit i'll sing it!"

Sorry, I think I have a bit of a man crush on this dude, needless to say, my ears are excited

• I want a real MP3 of this song. I keep watching the trailer just to hear it.

• Best Sam and Max theme ever. And that's including Hit The Road and the TV show.

• What I really love which I've noticed as I've been playing back thru season 1, is how really well the music is synched with the dialog. All the little drum fills after jokes and so on, it really is put together incredibly cleverly. Jared totally knows what he's doing :)

Add Comment