User Avatar Image

Who else wants SOMI:SE updated?

posted by prizna on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Who else thinks that somi:se should be updated to fix and add a few things, like fixing Guybrush's hair, adding voice in classic graphics, adding commentary and stuff like that?

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I would think that to add commentary would be a bit too much, but I would like it if they fixed a few things. At some places the backgrounds don't even look finished.

• @StonkBad said: I would think that to add commentary would be a bit too much, but I would like it if they fixed a few things. At some places the backgrounds don't even look finished.

yea, Its pretty noticeable in Mêlée Forest

• I don't bloody care about the hair. That said, I would only like the ability to have speech in classic mode. Everything else is fine....well, maybe except for the unfinished graphics in some areas. I don't think it's worth the time to go back and fix EVERYTHING, though.

Commentary would also be neat.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I don't bloody care about the hair. That said, I would only like the ability to have speech in classic mode. Everything else is fine....well, maybe except for the unfinished graphics in some areas. I don't think it's worth the time to go back and fix EVERYTHING, though.

Commentary would also be neat.

I dont care about the hair either, I never had a problem with it the only reason I wrote that is there are so many people that do have a problem with it, and just thought Id write that so I didnt get a bunch of people saying "what about the hair"

• @MusicallyInspired said: I would only like the ability to have speech in classic mode.

I may be the only one that wants the opposite - ability to turn the speech OFF in "modern" mode. I can get past the (many but not all) bad character designs, but I can only take the horrible horrible voice direction (and a couple of the voices) for about 10 minutes at a time.

I don't think there's any chance they'll fix that, though.

• It would cost them money to do this - doubly so because they would have to do it for each platform.

We paid $10 for this game.

It's been out for about a year.

It's not very likely and it's not reasonable to expect it to happen.

• @PariahKing said: We paid $10 for this game.

Some of us paid $5 during a Steam/Direct2Drive sale.

• I wouldn't be surprised if some of the LeChuck's Revenge features were to be included in the PSN and Mac releases of Monkey 1 - namely, the ability to play the original version with voice acting on and, perhaps, direct control.

• @Ripcord said: I may be the only one that wants the opposite - ability to turn the speech OFF in "modern" mode. I can get past the (many but not all) bad character designs, but I can only take the horrible horrible voice direction (and a couple of the voices) for about 10 minutes at a time.

I don't think there's any chance they'll fix that, though.

You can do this, just open the options menu and select Audio Options and turn the voice volume right down.

Add Comment