User Avatar Image

Question about SoMI:SE being released on TTG's store...

posted by zmally on - last edited - Viewed by 620 users

It was recently announced that The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition would be also digitally available at our very own TTG's store.. but I'm wondering how it's going to work?

Will we be able to get the disc free like the TellTale games? Will it still be as cheap as it is elsewhere? And will the game itself be as uncompressed as the Steam version? Because I recall being told it's about 2GB, which is easily the biggest single game TTG would be hosting, by far!

Also, anyone know when we'll be seeing it here?

I haven't bought it off Steam, I only have the XBLA version so far - but I shall be getting it from TTG when it's available :D

49 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I would also like to know. I like telltale, as a company and distributor, far more than steam. I too have been holding off on a steam purchase in the hopes of getting the game through Telltale.

    So, yeah.... Any ETA on that?

  • @zmally said: It was recently announced that The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition would be also digitally available at our very own TTG's store.. but I'm wondering how it's going to work?

    Will we be able to get the disc free like the TellTale games?

    I was assuming it'd be a download.....

    AJB

  • I would like it distributed similar to Telltale's own games, ie. you can purchase the individual games (which would be preferably all 4 in SE versions, plus Ron's idea of a third game). If you bought all of them, you could order a DVD which includes them all together for just the cost of shipping. And the DVD should use no online activation, preferably without copy protection at all (just like LucasArts did with their original releases, and still they didn't went bankrupt :) ).
    If all the HD graphics, and CD quality audio grows too big, they may just put 2 DVDs in the case.

    If Telltale would announce such a thing, I would preorder the package immediately.

  • @LogicDeLuxe said: I would like it distributed similar to Telltale's own games, ie. you can purchase the individual games (which would be preferably all 4 in SE versions, plus Ron's idea of a third game). If you bought all of them, you could order a DVD which includes them all together for just the cost of shipping. And the DVD should use no online activation, preferably without copy protection at all (just like LucasArts did with their original releases, and still they didn't went bankrupt :) ).
    If all the HD graphics, and CD quality audio grows too big, they may just put 2 DVDs in the case.

    If Telltale would announce such a thing, I would preorder the package immediately.

    Wow, just wow. This post has so many assumptions in it that it completely blew my mind.

  • @plrichard: You're not the only one Jean-Luc Picard..erm..Pecan-Luke Rich'ard..:cool:

  • @monkey_05_06 said: @plrichard: You're not the only one Jean-Luc Picard..erm..Pecan-Luke Rich'ard..:cool:

    Haha, you can call me Paul if you like. But Pecan-Luke Rich'ard isn't too bad either.

  • @LogicDeLuxe said: nd the DVD should use no online activation, preferably without copy protection at all (just like LucasArts did with their original releases, and still they didn't went bankrupt :) ).
    .

    Ehh... did I dream about SOMI & LeChuck's Revenge having a Code Wheel as copy protection, and CMI & EMI needing the disc on the drive to be play?

  • @Eduardo said: Ehh... did I dream about SOMI & LeChuck's Revenge having a Code Wheel as copy protection, and CMI & EMI needing the disc on the drive to be play?

    Let him have his fantasy world, Ed.

  • Yup. Because the 1MB CMI takes is the whole game, nothing is loading from the CD's etc.
    EDIT: 1.75MB. I am such a horrible liar. I hereby apologize.

    And remember kids; there are no icons at the begin of SoMI/LCR ;).

  • CoMI doesn't have a disk check, it only needs the CDs to read game data from. You can copy that game data to your harddrive (either by using the custom launcher or manually if you know which files you need) and you won't need the CDs to play anymore.

Add Comment