Menu
User Avatar Image

If Ron Got to Make His MI3...

posted by plrichard on - last edited - Viewed by 674 users

If Ron somehow in the future gets to make his MI3, how would you want it to be.

Assume that he would (except in the alternate timeline options of course) incorporate all games as canon.

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I dont really wana see it I like how the series has progrest since the classic ones

• I don't want to see it in an alternate timeline, and I don't see why anyone else would either. There's no way you can honestly convince me Ron can't fit his story into the stories that have already been made, and just ignoring the other three games is an insult to all the people who worked so hard on them.

• You're missing the option for "the game should never be corporately produced." I'd be more than happy to read a script with his ideas, but personally it would greatly upset me if any company ever actually produced the game. For exactly the reasons that Fawful said.

• I don´t care, as long as he makes it :)

• @Secret Fawful said: I don't want to see it in an alternate timeline, and I don't see why anyone else would either. There's no way you can honestly convince me Ron can't fit his story into the stories that have already been made

Why not? You're certain that there is not a single idea that could conceivably have been the original intention that can't move into Curse of Monkey Island's Retcon City apartment complex? Bullshit.

and just ignoring the other three games is an insult to all the people who worked so hard on them.

While ignoring large parts of the second game makes the third game the most wonderfully crafted piece of art ever devised.

• Ladies and Gentlemen, he is here.

• Had a bit of a job getting my head around this, I must admit!

While an alternate timeline would probably be the best way to get Ron's MI3 started and ended the way he originally planned, I wouldn't want this, as I really like the MI timeline as we have it and wouldn't want any of it to not be considered canon.

So my vote goes to between MI2 and Curse.

I think the special edition graphics would suit it well. Don't get me wrong; I love the TOMI graphics and I love pixel art, but the kind of graphics they're using in the special edition versions just seem to really fit the theme of an old concept made real decades later.

• @Secret Fawful said: Simple. He lied. He's a compulsive liar like Galeb. You can't believe anything the old coot says. In fact I'll even go as far as to claim that-

11s2hvo.png

Though to be honest, the idea of Herman being Grandpa Marley never bothered me. So sue me. :)

It can be worked either way, and if it can be made to fit in with the other three games, I don't see why it shouldn't be. I don't want to see Monkey Island end up like Zelda alternate reality wise, and it would create more questions and more problems than it would solve.

Yeah, I always figured that Herman lied, coz he wanted some way to get Guybrush to rescue him from Monkey Island.

About the alternate timeline, i agree with you there. If that keeps happening, think of all the chaos in the 'Great Monkey Island Race'.

Add Comment