Menu
User Avatar Image

So, how does this DVD work?

posted by OzzieMonkey on - last edited - Viewed by 495 users

Is it like a normal DVD, where you can play all the extras on your DVD player, and then play the game on your PC, or do you have to do everything on the PC? Obviously you're not going to be playing the game on a DVD player, but I would like to get some idea of how it all works. Also, another question: Are the extras on a seperate disc to the game?

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If it's like every other Telltale release thus far, there will be one disc. You can play the majority of the extras in a DVD player(or of course your PC). There may be wallpapers or other things in a data folder on the DVD as PC extras. And, as you said, of course the games are played on a PC.

• @Rather Dashing said: And, as you said, of course the games are played on a PC.

Or Mac.

• If it is similar to the previous DVDs, it's going to be one hell of a hybrid disc. I wonder if it's even possible to have DVD, PC, and Mac all on one disc. Of course, the hybrid Sam & Max discs surprised me, so I suppose I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

...this post made surprisingly little sense.

• @GuruGuru214 said:
    ...this post made surprisingly little sense.

Doesn't matter, those are what make forums interesting ("Who was phone").

• Also, on the DVD, do you play an episode, then finish it close it and open the dvd again to start up the next episode?
    Or is it continuous, like one big fat long adventure game like the previous MI's?

• @NabaDwA said: Also, on the DVD, do you play an episode, then finish it close it and open the dvd again to start up the next episode?
    Or is it continuous, like one big fat long adventure game like the previous MI's?

Nobody's really sure on that yet, I think. Though it has been discussed to great extent.

• I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that it will be five separate games, so it won't be one continuous adventure.
    They did say they were maybe gonna try something like that with Sam & Max Season 3 though.

• @Didero said: They did say they were maybe gonna try something like that with Sam & Max Season 3 though.

Nope :(

Also, for the DVD:
    @Didero said: Just so you know that we haven't forgotten about you, the DVD is currently being approved by the powers that be. Once I have their approval on everything (which knowing the standard approval process can take a week or two sadly), I'll be able to let you guys know what's up.

I'd just hate to tell you something and then have Lucas or someone come back and say it all has to be changed.

• Wait, what? You can put TTG DVDs into a DVD player? Does the bonus disc of my Sam & Max Season One retail release go in the DVD player? I just through it in my computer.

• The ones from the Telltale Store come with just one disc. They're freaky hybrid discs that function as a DVD with all the bonus content when put into a DVD player and as a game disc when put into a PC. Except for some reason, my computer autoplays the DVD half when I put the disc in and runs the game when I click on it in My Computer.

Also, from what I understand (haven't gotten to trying it myself), there's bonus wallpapers in the folders on the disc.

Oh, to clarify, I own the two Sam & Max discs from the Telltale Store, but the rest are the same as far as I know.

Add Comment