Menu
User Avatar Image

New Villain?

posted by MonkeyMania on - last edited - Viewed by 310 users

Since MI2, MI games had "guest" villains. MI2 Largo, CMI Rottingham, EMI Ozzie, TMI DeSinge; with LeChuck as the main villain. This episodic structure is the perfect opportunity to have a new "main" villain.

Having Guybrush defeat him in every game makes him less threatening as a villain. LeChuck needs a vacation.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I disagree. In EMI Ozzie was like 95% the main villain with LeChuck as more of the guest. While I still liked that game, that was definitely one thing that bothered me. It'd be like Mario not having to fight Bowser (Yes, I know this happened in Super Mario RPG which was a great game, but still). Besides, LeChuck is such a great character and pretty much drives the story.

  • @plrichard said: I disagree. In EMI Ozzie was like 95% the main villain with LeChuck as more of the guest. While I still liked that game, that was definitely one thing that bothered me. It'd be like Mario not having to fight Bowser (Yes, I know this happened in Super Mario RPG which was a great game, but still). Besides, LeChuck is such a great character and pretty much drives the story.

    also super mario land 2 secret of the golden coins it had wario

  • I could be the next villian if TTG wants a new one ^^

  • Well to be fair... LeChuck did kill Guybrush this time around.

    I wouldnt like it if they had LeChuck sit out a game.... I wouldn't mind it if he didn't get "killed" at the end... maybe just defeated.. and escapes like TV show villains.

    I like getting a new second string baddy each time..... It must be fun coming up with ideas for the new bad guys I would love to sit in on those meetings/brainstorm sessions.

  • If memory serves, I think someone said (more or less) this but I'll just say it:

    Maybe the new villain should be someone trying to get the Remains of Lechuck and not because he wants to kill Guybrush (at first) but to try and get control of Lechuck's voodoo-esque powers, causing Guybrush to go out and stop said villain?

    I dunno, my two pieces of eight, please feel free to ignore me. I'm sleep deprived and my mind is making stupid stuff...

  • @Silverwolfpet said: Largo should make a comeback!

    Yeah, I didn't like how he just 'vanished' in MI2. :confused:

  • I agree that Largo should make a comeback, but I think that LeChuck should be in there at the top either way. What he could do [LeChuck], is hire an apprentice bad guy, and train him. Perhaps he has a ghost-demon-pirate-son? Or, perhaps I'm just pushing this too far.

  • @Tacobob said: Yeah, I didn't like how he just 'vanished' in MI2. :confused:

    Seeing as we're talking about Largo, it would be nice to know who's voicing him, we get a bit of an idea as to how he might sound in-game. Better yet, show us some gameplay footage, Lucasarts! Please? With A voodoo doll on top? I know there's going to be a trailer, as there is a spot on the website that says video, and when you hover your mouse over it, it says coming soon. It will be interesting to see who voices all the characters, actually.

  • @OzzieMonkey said: It will be interesting to see who voices all the characters, actually.


    I certainly hope they have more than 1 voiceactor ;).

    I say; MI without LeChuck ain't MI. So I would definitely want him back.

Add Comment