User Avatar Image

titles of the new S&M episodes

posted by bai_ganyo on - last edited - Viewed by 214 users

The titles of the season 2 episodes were allready hinting at movie titles. While they stretched from comedies What's New Pussycat, dramaesque movies Mo' Better Blues to horror movies Night of the Living Dead, the titles of season 3 seem to be aimed at movie titles as well. In the site for "The Devil's Playhouse" we see a cinema with posters. This time though it seems they are exclusively pulp movies. The trailer also seems pretty pulp.I know They Stole Hitler's Brain and Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.
Does anybody know some of the other movies, the titles aim at?

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @bai_ganyo said: The titles of the season 2 episodes were allready hinting at movie titles. While they stretched from comedies What's New Pussycat, dramaesque movies Mo' Better Blues to horror movies Night of the Living Dead, the titles of season 3 seem to be aimed at movie titles as well. In the site for "The Devil's Playhouse" we see a cinema with posters. This time though it seems they are exclusively pulp movies. The trailer also seems pretty pulp.I know They Stole Hitler's Brain and Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.
    Does anybody know some of the other movies, the titles aim at?

    Wow, is there a season two now? I didn't notice it with all the talk about season 3. :D:rolleyes::D
    Also, i don't think that it was named after "What's New, Pussycats"...

  • I got the impression "The City That Dares Not Sleep" was just a play on "The City That Never Sleeps" - something often said to describe New York. But apparently there was a movie called "City That Never Sleeps", so that could be right.

    I don't know if there's a movie called "The Tomb Of Tutankhamun", but that's what I first thought of when I saw episode 2's name. Or maybe there's a more obvious one for all I know!

    As for "The Penal Zone", I guessed at "The Twilight Zone" (though that was a TV series rather than movie), but again I could be wrong.

  • Just to save you guys some time in the speculatin' mode: the season 2 episodes were all deliberately named after movie titles. (Including What's New, Beelzebub?).

    The season 3 ep titles aren't. Except when they are. There's no rule, is what I'm saying.

  • I was watching Plan 9 from outerspace yesterday on streaming netflix... but I fell asleep

  • @Irishmile said: I was watching Plan 9 from outerspace yesterday on streaming netflix... but I fell asleep

    This movie rules !

  • @Chuck said: Just to save you guys some time in the speculatin' mode: the season 2 episodes were all deliberately named after movie titles. (Including What's New, Beelzebub?).

    The season 3 ep titles aren't. Except when they are. There's no rule, is what I'm saying.

    Thanks Chuck!

    Right, what other pointless but totally necessary things can we speculate upon?

  • @Chuck said: Just to save you guys some time in the speculatin' mode: the season 2 episodes were all deliberately named after movie titles. (Including What's New, Beelzebub?).

    I didn't realise ANY of them came from a movie title.
    In my defense, I don't know that many movie titles in English.

  • @avistew said: I didn't realise ANY of them came from a movie title.
    In my defense, I don't know that many movie titles in English.

    + 1

    Pop Culture is ussually so different in some countries that, whathever is a reference or not, it's difficult to get if we are from... well, another country.

  • For our non-USAers out there:

    201: Ice Station Santa -> Ice Station Zebra
    202: Moai Better Blues -> Mo' Better Blues
    203: Night of the Raving Dead -> Night of the Living Dead
    204: Chariots of the Dogs -> Chariots of the Gods (also known as Erinnerungen an die Zukunft)
    205: What's New, Beelzebub? -> What's New Pussycat?

  • @GinnyN said: + 1

    Pop Culture is ussually so different in some countries that, whathever is a reference or not, it's difficult to get if we are from... well, another country.

    Yeah no kidding I love watching British television but sometimes its obvious they are making a pop culture reference I do not understand.

Add Comment