User Avatar Image

ALTERNATE ENDING to MI2 by Ron Gilbert! Can someone confirm this?

posted by Silverwolfpet on - last edited - Viewed by 264 users

Hey guys!

I've written about it, but we could use a second source as a confirmation! Check it out!. It's pretty amazing...

Cheers!

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Normally I don't say something like this but, this seems fake. I mean...the low-res version looks ridiculous, doesn't fit the style of the game, and just doesn't seem real at all. I won't mind if it IS real, but if it is I'll play the alternate ending in the high res version.

• Maybe they're trying to make the low-res a little higher :p Who knows? I love the way it looks! So excited! :D:D:D

• That sounds cool. One thing though...

The source reads “It is quite possible that Ron Gilbert has finally decided to end the Monkey Island series as he wanted, revealing the true secret. This will stir up various reactions from the fanbase, as most of us actually expected the real Monkey Island 3″.

This annoys me. wtf "real Monkey Island 3"... as though Ron Gilbert is the only one who ever matters.

EDIT:

@Secret Fawful said: Normally I don't say something like this but, this seems fake. I mean...the low-res version looks ridiculous, doesn't fit the style of the game, and just doesn't seem real at all. I won't mind if it IS real, but if it is I'll play the alternate ending in the high res version.

Now that you mention it, it does look fake.

The low-res background looks more like someone created the high-res first, then ran it through a filter to pixelate it (actually, the first thing that came into my mind was wondering if it came from Final Fantasy 7 or something.)

Guybrush and LeChuck don't look like they're standing on properly stable footing, and while there's no way in which GB could hold a treasure chest like that if it were at all heavy, it also makes me thing that both were photoshopped. The chest in both images looks the same as if they were taken from the game's opening screen.

• that's tomorrow. it's 11:48pm here.

...but maybe not where SWP is. I wonder what timezone he's in.

• Come on, Andrei. There isn't even a website called www.gamesrumors.net much less an article that was taken down.

• Yea, I think it would have to be a pretty big coincidence that the news has come out on April Fools Day.

I say its fake.

• @Chyron8472 said: that's tomorrow. it's 11:48pm here.

...but maybe not where SWP is. I wonder what timezone he's in.

Well even on the website it says that the article was posted on April 1st.

• Can you just say "April Fools" already.

• Well I think it's pretty obvious that this is fake, sorry Andrei. Still, I'll keep my eye on this to see whether it is actually fake.

So now, I'm going to hijack this thread so that we can turn it into something useful.

THE THREAD TOPIC NOW: HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF THEY ACTUALLY DID INCLUDE AN ALTERNATE ENDING TO MONKEY ISLAND 2?

I, like everyone, want to know what the hell that ending actually meant. However, I don't think this is the way to do it. I think a revelation this big deserves its own "blockbuster" game. I think adding it in a 20 minute playable scene at the end of the special edition would actually be more of a slap in the face of the fans who have waited so long to know.

And another thing, I want to see the original ending of the game in the updated graphics. I realize that this could just be an option at the beginning of the game as to play the original ending or the alternate ending but still.

I know a lot of DVDs have such things as Director's Cuts and Alternate Endings, but this would be like condensing Return of the Jedi into an alternate ending on the DVD version of The Empire Strikes Back.

Now, everyone else discuss.

Add Comment