User Avatar Image

Why was it possible to ...? (SPOILERS!!!!)

posted by PluX on - last edited - Viewed by 156 users

Spoilers ahead!!

I did not get why it was possible to plug in the toy chest near the end, it did not seem to have any use for the storyline. I thought it would zap the mole guys for sure when making them sweat. Since it was not possible to undo it i could not check what would happen if i would not have plugged it in.

If it was a red herring i'd like telltale to put in more of those to throw players off track, it would have been cool to see sam and max get disintegrated by the spaceships laserbeams as well (and get some spacequest-esque death screen before resetting before the event) :)

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Plugging it in was one of the first things I did, so I don't know for sure, but I think plugging it into the toybox is needed to get enough power to use the dimensional thing that I can't remember the name of.

• Yeah, one of the hints if hints are on is 'We need something with enough unholy power to return power to out building!'

• Ah yeah the outlet being connected to the box would make sense since bosco's mom mentioned it would need vast amounts of power, but that connection is unclear if you blindly plugged it into the box before setting up the rift generator

• isn't the future vision providing everyone with enough hints allready? :)

• @PluX said: isn't the future vision providing everyone with enough hints allready? :)

yeah but I had the review build and was rushing for some reason

• Yeah, not quite sure why the toybox would provide energy for the building but... whatever.

Wasn't much to click on with half-the-cable in hand, so it worked just clicking everything (and the toybox was my last thought...).

• @Hassat Hunter said: Yeah, not quite sure why the toybox would provide energy for the building but... whatever.

Wasn't much to click on with half-the-cable in hand, so it worked just clicking everything (and the toybox was my last thought...).

Really? Plugging the cable into the toybox was the first thing I tried - I looked at the plug, and saw that it was identical to the happy face looking thing on the box, and thought 'why not?'

• Also, if you interact with the box and talk about the box with the molemen, who worship a powerful box filled with power and controlling that power that is powerful is going to lead to the apocolypse due to so much power powerfully ripping the Universe asunder with all its power, you get a scene where max touches it and the thing glows. With power. Momma Bosco says it'd take an obscene amount of futuristic power cores to run the thing, so you're looking for something far more powerful than amazing future tech.

So: Ancient, Universe-Destroying Magic.

• I just guessed it, but to me it seemed like a silly puzzle.

• I fiddled around with the boiler for ages. Once I gave up on that and noticed the cable, using it on the box was a no-brainer. The only thing that stuck me on that puzzle was wondering what exactly the mole men would and wouldn't let me do, but trial and error got me past that.

Speaking of things the mole men won't let you do, I'm sure everyone noticed this, but I have yet to see a mention of it on here. The cameo of the crowbar from Spinner Cay was great.

Add Comment