Menu
User Avatar Image

The Joystick icon has to go

posted by Zodler on - last edited - Viewed by 621 users

Ok, I'm playing 301 and enjoying it and I can easily get used to click and drag but my God the joystick icon has to go. It's ugly and it's distracting and diminishes the scene and the graphics.

I am wondering who thought that it is necessary to see that thing? How come we don't see it using WASD? It's like a punishment for people who use click and drag. It has to go or at least give us an option to turn it off.

In absolutely no way it helps me in any way.

76 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Its there mostly as simple visual feedback, I found it fairly unobtrusive on my playthrough and even useful as a point of reference for making Sam run around like an idiot.

• I like the ability to use Max, but I dont like the new inventory and lack of shooting random things, if it aint broke why change it?

• I definitely miss shooting random things. I tried to do it so many times this episode.

• @Dage said: I like the ability to use Max, but I dont like the new inventory and lack of shooting random things, if it aint broke why change it?

Because change is good. It was broke, anyway. It would take me out of the game when Sam shot random things.

Also this thread is a little ridiculous.

• @Kroms said: Also this thread is a little ridiculous.

Thread went from singular complaint to inanity in three posts. Is that a record?

• How could it take you out of the game if you shot random things, it was your choice if you wanted to shoot at things or not, Sam didn't just start shooting at everything in sight for no apparant reason.
    I also agree about the joystick icon, it was my first time using point and drag and I like knowing which way I was going. When I got stuck in a corner I didn't have to start around randomly to try and get out.

• i liked the way that wheel formed around guybrush. i would like to see that back.

• I preferred the wheel in TOMI, but that took ages to get used to. First episode I was like wtf, mouse control stinks. Then by episode 3, it was all I was using.

Sam and Max's icon is more self explanatory. It works, and it is kinda helpful. Still, why is it a 360 controller? When this season isn't even on 360?

• User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

@Fury said: Sam and Max's icon is more self explanatory. It works, and it is kinda helpful. Still, why is it a 360 controller? When this season isn't even on 360?

Haha at work I got accused of it being a Gamecube controller, so whatever. I wanted it to look like a generic sticky thumb thing.

• Might be nice if the next iteration of the UI looked more generic and less gamepad-y, but honestly I don't really care to much. The main thing is that movement of the "virtual analog stick" should be constrained so that you can't pull the "cursor" too far away from the "stick", if I'm making any sense.

Add Comment