User Avatar Image

TF2 hats unlock, and... what?

posted by Tea on - last edited - Viewed by 823 users

So I preordered S&M from Telltale. Unlocking the hats with the code I got from /tf2hats, what do I find? I find that I own The Penal Colony on Steam.

So, was that meant to happen? Will I get the rest of the episodes too?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @TheJoe said: So I preordered S&M from Telltale. Unlocking the hats with the code I got from /tf2hats, what do I find? I find that I own The Penal Colony on Steam.

So, was that meant to happen? Will I get the rest of the episodes too?

Yes, It's mean to be happen. Apparently was the only way to get TF2 know you can access the items. I have no idea about the second question, but I don't think so. I mean, you already had the episodes on Telltale, you don't need them else where, right?

• User Avatar Image
    Tea

@GinnyN said: Yes, It's mean to be happen. Apparently was the only way to get TF2 know you can access the items. I have no idea about the second question, but I don't think so. I mean, you already had the episodes on Telltale, you don't need them else where, right?

In this case I kind of prefer having them on Steam for the simple matter that the TTG Launcher doesn't show up. The Launcher doesn't steal focus and I usually have a bunch of windows open, so I'm usually hammering at the icon, not noticing that the launcher is indeed open. But that's a minor problem, really.

• Whether or not we'll get the rest of them has kind of been a big "I dunno" from TTG. I don't see a reason why not, since it say I ordered The Devil's Playhouse, though I suppose they could stop the TTG purchasers easily enough if they wanted to, considering our orders are differentiated by being the only ones marked as "Retail".

• Yes. No.

EDIT:
    And then I find out there are already 3 replies...

• So just to confirm now before I buy from TTG...

Ordering now from TTG gives you both the TF2 hats and the DVD?

Damnit, if that's it I now wish again that I hadn't missed the free shipping deadline ^_^

• @SeanSeanston said: So just to confirm now before I buy from TTG...

Ordering now from TTG gives you both the TF2 hats and the DVD?

Damnit, if that's it I now wish again that I hadn't missed the free shipping deadline ^_^

Yes, offer ends on the 23rd of April.

• Nice... apart from missing the postage... bah, I need to do things more timely in future...

• The free shipping deal wasn't for the Sam & Max DVD -- that is ordered at the end of the season in a separate transaction for $0 + shipping. We won't be shipping (or manufacturing) the DVD until all the games are done, and for our users a lot can happen in those five-six months. Many people move, change jobs, change their credit card numbers, etc. So we wait until the end to open that part up. The free shipping deal applies to physical goods you order right now. So you didn't miss anything :)

• Ya but I was going to get the TOMI Deluxe Edition as well as Sam & Max Season 3 which would have brought it up to $50 and saved me the TOMI shipping.

That's right, isn't it? ^_^

Bleh, I suppose I mostly wanted the Deluxe because of the savings from the free shipping deal anyway. Nice that I don't have to pay the inflated Steam price for S&M3 now.

• @SeanSeanston said: Ya but I was going to get the TOMI Deluxe Edition as well as Sam & Max Season 3 which would have brought it up to $50 and saved me the TOMI shipping.

That's right, isn't it? ^_^

That's exactly what I did.

Add Comment