Menu
User Avatar Image

Sam et Max en Francais?

posted by queen_of_the_lobsters on - last edited - Viewed by 810 users

To the peeps at Telltale, is there a way I can download a French language and subtitle track for my Sam and Max games? I'll be studying abroad in France next spring, and I want to practice my listening comprehension skills before I go. Since you're games are interactive, it would be much more effective to learn French that way than through French television. Please let me know if I can find a version that I don't have to torrent. My school isn't that torrent friendly.
queen_of_the_lobsters

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Apprenez l'anglais sacrebleu ! Les blagues sont meilleures :p

(Learn english! Jokes are better :p)

• @Z-4195 said: Apprenez l'anglais sacrebleu ! Les blagues sont meilleures :p

I notice you strategically removed "sacrebleu" from the translated sentence, une fois. (Are you Wallon or Flemish?)

• @avistew said: I notice you strategically removed "sacrebleu" from the translated sentence, une fois. (Are you Wallon or Flemish?)

Was afraid to say something too... profane in english. :D

(By the way I'm walloon but for how much time?)

• @GaDo said: But atari dont launch the game .. Only in Wii.

No, Atari are doing the PC retail releases around the world too. Meaning Atari's version is the one you buy in shops.
    And besides, LucasArts had offices around the world to handle translations, Telltale only has one office in San Fransisco. (I think)

• @GaDo said: Its more expensive a ipad, ps3, wii version of Sam & max (licenses, programmers, etc) or only a few subtitles ??

Wasn't this (faulty) logic brought up and addressed somewhere else on the forums already?

• @GaDo said:
    Common !. Its Telltale job too.

No it's not.
    Translation is NOT an easy job, you know, and telltale's job is to make the damn game, not to take care of their localization. Period.

Also, i'd rather wait for a decent translation (which, sadly, isn't guaranteed even if done by professional, but hey, that's another question) than having an awful one done quickly just for the sake of it.

oh, and

Apprenez l'anglais sacrebleu ! Les blagues sont meilleures

(Learn english! Jokes are better )

This. It's not THAT hard, really, and it can only help you in the long run.

• @Z-4195 said: Apprenez l'anglais sacrebleu ! Les blagues sont meilleures :p

It's not a matter of learning English. English is my first language. I'm studying French and I figure a video game with spoken dialogue would be a fun and active way to improve my listening comprehension. And I don't doubt the jokes are better in their mother tongue. They usually are.

• Yes, that's a good point of view!

In fact, I remember having learned a lot of words by playing Day of the Tentacle with subtitles.

I was assuming french-only-speaking people too lazy to play the game in english, and complaining for a faster translation, my bad :o

• @queen_of_the_lobsters said: It's not a matter of learning English. English is my first language. I'm studying French and I figure a video game with spoken dialogue would be a fun and active way to improve my listening comprehension. And I don't doubt the jokes are better in their mother tongue. They usually are.

I don't think this post was adressed to you, but rather to i'm-too-lazy-to-go-check-his-username who complained about telltale not offering the translated games as soon as they were out.

Add Comment