User Avatar Image

Cosplay

posted by Kibs on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

So I saw a couple cosplay pictures while looking through the "What do you look like" thread. Anyone else out there a cosplayer, and if so which characters do you cosplay/plan on cosplaying?

General sharing pictures/advice thread go!

Oh, and here's some pictures of my recent costumes:
125282554670sm.jpg?t=1271999725

Sniper from Team Fortress 2

a58d6b2c0cf57c617d3357c2a7f52fe6sm.jpg?t

Scout from Team Fortress 2

deeph05small.jpg?t=1272000038

Haine Rammsteiner from DOGS: Bullets & Carnage

I'm planning on cosplaying Guybrush to PAX 2010 with my buddy Giant Tope as Winslow.

Show me your pics!

83 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Katsuro said: I wanna cosplay as a Medic, but CERTAIN PEOPLE say I need to cut my hair for that

But how would you imitate the medic's accent????
    :p

• Actually, with your ponytail you'd make a great Jin.

• I don't know if we get many cosplayers in the UK. I'm sure we do but it seems more like an American thing.

Also Quina from FFIX, while I don't think it was outright stated, I thought it was heavily implied that she was Female. Although for the most part they didn't know her gender so it was (s)he.

• @avistew said: You were the sniper? Awesome cosplay! I worship you.

I keep saying I'll cosplay, but I'm not a great actress and I'm always worried I'll look nothing like the characters I cosplay. Also, males are hard to cosplay when you've got big breasts. I bought a... I forget the nae, a shirt that compresses the breasts, that I found on a FtM site. Well, not only did that hurt a lot, but even when being careful about how I wore it, placed everything under it, etc, I still looked like I was a D cup or something.

I guess I might be able to cosplay fat men :P Or gender-bender versions.

Thanks!

Oh man I want a compression shirt, I've always used ACE bandages.

I have seen women who were F cups become pretty flat through binding, so I'm pretty sure anyone can do it (unless it just hurts too much). You might try the compression shirt with two double-wide ACE bandages on top (pinned to the shirt if necessary). Or, you know, just cosplay girl characters!

Also, Katsuro, you could just pull your hair back and tuck it into your coat. Alternatively, you could get one of his unlockable hats and tuck your hair up into it (hairnets and tons of bobby pins would help).

Medic_helmet.png

• @Kibs said: Thanks!

Oh man I want a compression shirt, I've always used ACE bandages.

I have seen women who were F cups become pretty flat through binding, so I'm pretty sure anyone can do it (unless it just hurts too much). You might try the compression shirt with two double-wide ACE bandages on top (pinned to the shirt if necessary). Or, you know, just cosplay girl characters!

I think what I really needed was someone to help me lol. I was doing it all alone and sometimes that's just not possible.

But I've never actually cosplayed (only planned to), so I think I'd have more confidence starting with someone I feel I can pull off. So, probably a female I guess. Also, I think I'd need to be part of a group for motivation, and because it just sounds like much more fun to be cosplaying together :)

• @avistew said: Also, males are hard to cosplay when you've got big breasts. I bought a... I forget the nae, a shirt that compresses the breasts, that I found on a FtM site. Well, not only did that hurt a lot, but even when being careful about how I wore it, placed everything under it, etc, I still looked like I was a D cup or something.

It's still possible to bind. (see kibs's post) Just don't do anything requiring side binding, because you'll die.

• @Giant Tope said: It's still possible to bind. (see kibs's post) Just don't do anything requiring side binding, because you'll die.

By "side biding", to you mean the side of my breasts or something else?

Because making my torso flat is super easy in itself, but then I can't lower my arms anymore :p

• @LuigiHann said: ...

Great Sam!

And that book looks really cool ... but it just seems to be empty except that picture.

• Side binding, for those who don't know, is essentially pulling your tits to the side for male characters that show their chest. This is necessary even for characters like, say, Guybrush, as his shirt opens up a bit. If not, you'll see the binding and it looks pretty bad.

Suro: you can wear a wig. just be medic. plz.

... actually an audio clip of you saying "hello frauleins" is satisfactory as well.

• @Giant Tope said: Side binding, for those who don't know, is essentially pulling your tits to the side for male characters that show their chest. This is necessary even for characters like, say, Guybrush, as his shirt opens up a bit. If not, you'll see the binding and it looks pretty bad.

An example to illustrate the point.

090906_0730_stereoblindsmall.jpg?t=12721

I've also used this technique for some other costumes, including Nick from L4D2. Please heed my advice and tape the shirt to your chest if it's a windy day outside.

Add Comment