24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The movie turtles DID get a cameo, sort of. They are on one of the Shredder's floating universe screens.

Personally, I would have preferred a gritty comic-universe DVD movie, but I'll take what I can get.

• Yeah, I liked them being in the cameo.
    But wouldn't it be great if they would be fighting next to each other?
    The first movie Turtles still are my favorite!

• I just watched this yesterday with my sis. A++ will watch again

...though the phrase April O'Neil O'Fools kept going through my head. I blame KC Green.

• *is confused*
    Are you on about the movie from a couple of years back?

Factoid: The 80's series was called Teenage Mutant Hero turtles here in the UK, as Ninja's were deemed too violent.

• @Friar said: *is confused*
    Are you on about the movie from a couple of years back?

Factoid: The 80's series was called Teenage Mutant Hero turtles here in the UK, as Ninja's were deemed too violent.

Factoid: in France, TMNT are just "Ninja Turtles". They obviously thought it was too long otherwise.

As a result, I never realised they were supposed to be teenagers, incidentally.

• No, I'm talking about this.
    It's a celebratory movie for the Turtles 25th birthday.
    It conjoins the 80's Turtles with the 2003 Turtles in their battle against Shredder.

Factoid: The 80's series was called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles here in the Netherlands too. But we kept Michelangelo's Nunchaku's!

• @Avistew said: Factoid: in France, TMNT are just "Ninja Turtles". They obviously thought it was too long otherwise.

As a result, I never realised they were supposed to be teenagers, incidentally.

Factoid: I can't read the words "teenage mutant hero/ninja turtles" Without the theme song erupting in my mind.

• @Joop said: Factoid: The 80's series was called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles here in the Netherlands too. But we kept Michelangelo's Nunchaku's!

Some people didn't? :eek:
    We had costumes as a kid. I was Michelangelo. Wouldn't have liked going without my nunchakus!
    I like Raffaello's weird knives too though.

• @Avistew said: Some people didn't? :eek:
    We had costumes as a kid. I was Michelangelo. Wouldn't have liked going without my nunchakus!
    I like Raffaello's weird knives too though.

Raphael has always been my favorite.
    They actually censored the Nunchaku's in Britain, which cuts a lot of Michelangelo's great moments. If you watch the first three seasons you see them appearing less and less, because the animators wanted to keep Michelangelo in, until they truly changed it by giving him a grappling hook in season 4.

Actually, I read somewhere that at the end of the first movie, in Britain Shredder just runs off the roof into the trashcan. Pretty lame ending if you ask me.

Add Comment