User Avatar Image

Sam & Max graphics

posted by StewG on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

OK, lets face it. The graphics isn't too pretty. But that isn't the main point.

The main point is that the games are so demanding. When i set the graphics on full (on season 3), there is a slight lag, and i can play games like Crysis on medium settings without lag.

Isn't there any update or tricks to making them less demanding? It would be nice to play on my laptop too. And my MacBook.

93 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @StewG said: OK, lets face it. The graphics isn't too pretty.

Speak for yourself.

• @StewG said:
    Isn't there any update or tricks to making them less demanding? It would be nice to play on my laptop too. And my MacBook.

...there are options less than full, you do realize?

• Not too pretty? Define 'pretty'.

• @StewG said: OK, lets face it. The graphics isn't too pretty. But that isn't the main point.

The main point is that the games are so demanding. When i set the graphics on full (on season 3), there is a slight lag, and i can play games like Crysis on medium settings without lag.

Four words:

Get A Better Computer.

• @Rather Dashing said: Speak for yourself.

Seconded. I'm really not seeing where the graphics are bad. They fit, period.

• I think the game looks great. It might not be the most efficient game engine in the world, but you know, they don't get paid as well as the guys over at Crytek do either.

• @Pale Man said: It might not be the most efficient game engine in the world

It looks great and it runs on my PC that will not run anything that gets released nowadays.

• I think he's right when he says that the game is too "demanding". That's not saying that Telltale did a poor job, I understand they're not Crytek, and I do think the game looks very neat. However I see where he's coming from.

• I think if your computer can't play it on full settings, its time to upgrade.
    I get that some people don't have the money and stuff, but I don't think complaining about that is going to help any.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@adventureaddict said: I think if your computer can't play it on full settings, its time to upgrade.
    I get that some people don't have the money and stuff, but I don't think complaining about that is going to help any.

Firstly, that comment asserts that everyone should have a computer that would handle full settings. Is playing on "5" and a lower resolution "not worth it"? I don't think so!

Secondly, if anything besides buying expensive hardware helps, it's probably to complain (in a polite manner, of course). Obviously, the Telltale Engine has become a little bulky with all the additions to the original code, and that is what StewG complains about. A slim, well-programmed game engine would deliver the same graphics on a less high-end computer.

Thirdly, I think the problem was well identified on this forum, and it has been said that a specific shader/special effects addendum immediately causes such lags even on very fast computers. Maybe that's the point where rectification should start.

It should of course be noted that compared to recent games, Telltale still produces games with relatively low system requirements. For players exclusively into adventure games, however, even these low requirements might cause a problem. They're just not used to having to update their computer! :D

Add Comment