Menu
35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I know how you must feel..... there are a lot of adventure games I am crossing my fingers for an English speaking release.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

So sorry!

It's interesting, actually. The game is fully localized after all, right? So why not publish on as many platforms as possible after this effort?

I don't get it!

Season 2 retail PC version/ German published by Namco Bandai on April 30, that is, in two days. What a wait - for some...
    I don't have to buy it, I already own the English version. Nonetheless, good thing it finally happens.

• What i understand even less is that theywon't publish it on PC... When it's ORIGINALLY a PC game :confused:

• It's interesting, actually. The game is fully localized after all, right? So why not publish on as many platforms as possible after this effort?

No, it's not fully localized, it only has translated subtitles, and the Spanish review says it's got many mistakes.

This is outrageous for me, almost three years waiting for the spanish version, and all I've got is a badly subtitled version which isn't even releasing officially in Spain! (It's not releasing in PC, and the Wii version is only available through GAME.es).

What I don't understand is, if the subtitles have been translated, why can't Telltale update their version of the game to include them like they did with Wallace and Gromit?

• [quote]What I don't understand is, if the subtitles have been translated, why can't Telltale update their version of the game to include them like they did with Wallace and Gromit? [/quote]

Because the translation is the property of Namco-Bandai Partners® (lulz) and they probably don't want TTG using it to "steal" sales. Of course, if they were to make a new one there should be no problem...

• Because the translation is the property of Namco-Bandai Partners® (lulz) and they probably don't want TTG using it to "steal" sales. Of course, if they were to make a new one there should be no problem...

You mean, Namco-Bandai have the rights to the Spanish translation, but they aren't releasing it in Spain, so that means nobody gets it...

• Yes, except they are, on Wii and 360.

• Not on 360. The story is as follows: they announced Season 2 would be coming to Spain both for PC and Wii on December, 2008. Since then, they've been pushing back the release date once and again (but this is not to blame them: those were unnofficial, internal dates some media were publishing without green light). Finally, when the final release date came, they told Aventura y CÍA they won't be publishing it on PC, just on Wii. It's kind of stupid announcing something and then not realeasing it, when across Europe people are getting their localised versions. That's why Telltale got to do their own translations.

• 360 got Beyond Time & Space back in September on Live Arcade, and it was already translated (which is ironic considering how long they've taken), so I assume both the Wii version and the 360 version use the same translation. Regardless, it's still an awful move. I bought Nobilis' version of Season One and it was a very cool presentation for a low price, it's a shame Season Two ended up in the hands of a publisher that doesn't really care about the game.

Also, W&G's translation was actually made by Microsoft if I remember correctly.

Add Comment