User Avatar Image

How old were you when you were first introduced to Monkey Island?

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 469 users

How old were you when you were first introduced to the Monkey Island franchise?

75 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: How old were you when you were first introduced to the Monkey Island franchise?

Too young to remember how old I actually was, sorry. I know I played the first two before Curse was released, and I was born in 85, to narrow it down a bit.

• I was, I think ...eleven? I was first introduced to Monkey Island when MI2 came out.

hi co-workers who were making those games when I was eleven :( ... :)

• I was maybe 13. . my best friend showed CMI to me and I was hooked. I bought it myself, but sadly it wouldn't work on the ol' family computer so when I finally got my first computer at 14 I was able to play it--the first thing I used my first computer for: Monkey Island. Good memories. :)
    Actually, after all those hours at my new computer desk playing the game, I now associate the nice smell of wood in new desks to CMI.

I wasn't able to get ahold of MI 1 and 2 until I was in college, but better late than never.

• I believe I was 9. I was in third grade, and apparently Curse was new when my friend had me try it, though I never realized that before now. It took me years before I found out that it was the third game, though.

• I was 8 or 9. My dad gave me the demo version of SOMI shortly after it came out to see if I would like it. I distinctly remember playing the demo on our yellow and black monitor; we had to install a CGA or EGA emulator(!) to get it to run on our PC. I was totally fascinated with the demo and played it through several times until Dad got me the full game.

My kid is 6 now... not too much longer until I can try to make it three generations of MI fans. :P

• I was 13...

I am one of the youngest users on this forum since I was introduced to in The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition... I soon bought tales of MI then the curse off ebay...

• User Avatar Image
    Majus Telltale Staff

@Jake said: hi co-workers who were making those games when I was eleven :( ... :)

Oh my. I was about 6 or 7…
    Anyway, I couldn’t read at that time, and I LOVED that game nevertheless.
    Four disks on the AtariST. Aah, good times.

• I was 12 I think.

Actually, I don't remember my age. I just remember seeing the EGA version of the game on my aunt and uncle's new computer back then, so I bet it was 1990, making me 12yo back then.

I borrowed the game from them some time afterward... but I can't remember if I ever returned it. :o

Add Comment