User Avatar Image

1-516-vis-ion-1

posted by Strong Max on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

It is a working number. I thought at first that it was a Telltalian number to their office or somthing. I did a reverse phone number check and it turns out to be a landline in Farmingdale, NY. Is there a reason for this? If not, why 516? Does Telltale have a bone to pick with a certain someone in Farmingdale, New York?

144 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well I know that they check the phone messages they get. I learned that the kinda hard, kinda funny way.

• wow, it actually works? if telltale didnt contact these people first, they could get pretty pissed off

• @The Highway said: wow, it actually works? if telltale didn't contact these people first, they could get pretty pissed off

It's an answering machine that says they're out of store for all the toys, not someone's personal number or something. I'm pretty sure they set up the number themselves.

• oh. I couldnt check this myself. due to my current "living in australia" status. Maybe the message will change soon!

• God I'm tempted to call. I just need to come up with something to say ...

• @Lena_P said: God I'm tempted to call. I just need to come up with something to say ...

I've been wanting to call from the start, but I'm way too shy. I barely ever use phones, and I never do if I know it's gonna be a machine and not a real person.
    Even if I had something to say, I would most likely stutter and then hang up without saying it, anyway.

• @Avistew said: ...
    Even if I had something to say, I would most likely stutter and then hang up without saying it, anyway.

There goes your chance of leaving an anonymous message, although I guess just shouting, "Yare I love you!" would've been a huge clue, too :p

Talking, has never been a problem for me, (shutting me up on the other hand ... ). Getting through a message without laughing myself silly is my main problem. I am officially the World's Worst Joke Teller; I can never get through one without suffering an attack of the Giggles.

• @Lena_P said: There goes your chance of leaving an anonymous message, although I guess just shouting, "Yare I love you!" would've been a huge clue, too :p

First, I'd be more likely to yell "I want you" than "I love you".
    Second, I don't know how it's pronounced *blushes*

Also, I challenge you to the title of worst joke-teller. Not only do I laugh in the middle, but sometimes I tell the end first, or the wrong end, or I totally forget how it ends.

EDIT: Oh, and they'd probably know it's me from the French accent, too, anyways.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Avistew said:
    Second, I don't know how it's pronounced *blushes*

I've been wondering too... does Yare rhyme with "hair", or with "jar"?

@Avistew said:
    EDIT: Oh, and they'd probably know it's me from the French accent, too, anyways.

I hope you realise that if I had any chance of doing a convincing French accent, I'd be on the phone right now declaring that I need Yare's body like ze escargot need ze butter. :p

I left a message ages ago in my homogenised antipodean-in-Britain accent (the amount of "Aussie" in my voice now is like the volume - directly proportional to the level of excitement). That was before I knew someone would actually listen to it... :o

• @puzzlebox said: I've been wondering too... does Yare rhyme with "hair", or with "jar"?

Or is it read like romaji, and pronounced Yah-ray?
    See, already 3 possibilities!

@puzzlebox said: I hope you realise that if I had any chance of doing a convincing French accent, I'd be on the phone right now declaring that I need Yare's body like ze escargot need ze butter. :p

Haha, please do xD
    Now I wonder if I should get my husband to record a message saying "Stay away from my wife!" or something xD But he'd probably laugh in the middle of it and ruin the effect.

Add Comment