User Avatar Image

WTF is Grickle / The Puzzle Agent? (next Telltale game)

posted by GTALostHeaven on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

This is the first time Ive heard of Grickle Today, Ive just seen the feature for 'The Puzzle Agent' (aka Grickle) on youtube. Quite frankly Im not a fan of the animation or style , Its got that garry larson farside blandness to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTL8uJt1lvk

I want to be fair and say I'd give it a chance but all my instincts tell me that this game is Bad and a poor choice for telltale

So maybe I havent heard of this before because im from the Uk I just wanted to know peoples thoughts on this next game with a poll

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Dage said: garry larson farside blandness

:eek::eek::eek:

Otherwise, we started hearing about it around the time Sam & Max Season 3 was released, and then there was the whole thing with people receiving iPods and erasers. And everyone was waiting for the 4th of March since it was announced from the start that we're hear more then... And that's when the preorders started.

• @Dage said: This is the first time Ive heard of Grickle Today, Ive just seen the feature for 'The Puzzle Agent' (aka Grickle) on youtube. Quite frankly Im not a fan of the animation or style , Its got that garry larson farside blandness to it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTL8uJt1lvk

I want to be fair and say I'd give it a chance but all my instincts tell me that this game is Bad and a poor choice for telltale

So maybe I havent heard of this before because im from the Uk I just wanted to know peoples thoughts on this next game with a poll

I'm from the UK too and I think this is great! However, I hope they don't end up forgetting about traditional point and click adventure games as it's my understanding that that was how Telltale formed - to keep the genre going.

• @Dage said: So maybe I havent heard of this before because im from the Uk I just wanted to know peoples thoughts on this next game with a poll

You apparently haven't been paying attention:

@Dage said: Grickle's been a part of the company since its founding. It's kind of weird, but in a way Grickle is to Telltale what Sam & Max was to LucasArts -- it's one of those things that's sort of always been around the studio, so for us it made a lot of sense to go there for a project like this.

Also, if you really want to get down to it, our first game was a comedy poker game, so this is closer to the "core" people are now familiar with than some of our stuff :P

• Maybe you should watch some of these to get an idea of the humor and characters.

http://www.youtube.com/user/grickle?blend=1&ob=4

• Whoever voted it looks bad is in a world all to themselves.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Whoever voted it looks bad is in a world all to themselves.

As of right now, that'd be the thread creator(the poll results are public).

• @jeeno0142 said: I'm from the UK too and I think this is great! However, I hope they don't end up forgetting about traditional point and click adventure games as it's my understanding that that was how Telltale formed - to keep the genre going.

We're trying to branch out a bit, stretching our arms a little with Grickle, after shipping almost 30 episodes of SCUMM style adventures, but obviously we love making that stuff or we wouldn't have made so much of it already. It's not going anywhere :)

• @Jake said: We're trying to branch out a bit, stretching our arms a little with Grickle, after shipping almost 30 episodes of SCUMM style adventures, but obviously we love making that stuff or we wouldn't have made so much of it already. It's not going anywhere :)

That's what I like to hear!:D Keep 'em coming!

• @Jake said: We're trying to branch out a bit, stretching our arms a little with Grickle, after shipping almost 30 episodes of SCUMM style adventures, but obviously we love making that stuff or we wouldn't have made so much of it already. It's not going anywhere :)

It's allways great to have a wide pallet

• @Sailorcuteness said: It's allways great to have a wide pallet

I agree

wooden-pallet.jpg

Add Comment