User Avatar Image

For Developers

posted by gordonfrohman on - last edited - Viewed by 323 users

hope, that TellTale Games visiting this forum, and if they are not, I'll send them a letter (through my TellTale account).

So, let's write all game bugs you saw in game.

-Light. Sometimes Max become Black on the roof of pizzeria, and another places.
-Pieces of models are viewed. Example - Max's body got shadow on one part, and dont have on another. This makes stripes on him.

And whatever, I want to talk about another thing. I know friends, who have bought S&M only for TF2 items, so they completed game without any interest. Another friends completed game for "competing", without any talks, clicking on the objects and even skipping all the diologs! One friend didn't saw Sam and Max inside of Max's brain! (First teleportation).

How change this? Achievments! Steam achievments is great thing! It can motivate people for finding objects, talk more or even complete game more than 4 times! You can make achievments like "Don't skip any diolog" or "Watch at all possible objects with Futurevision", "Talk all diologs" and another things! Moreover you can hide something special and make an achievment like "Find XXX". This is always interesting and everybody loves achievments!

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I like achievements in open worlds after finishing the main storyline, not when you have to find them during that storyline, because if you miss something you have to go through the entire thing again.

• People who are not interested in the game in the first place won't change their mind with "achievements".

• @Randulf said: People who are not interested in the game in the first place won't change their mind with "achievements".

Oh ho ho ho. That's what YOU think.

This only really applies to the XBox, where savvy companies have realised that giving their games easy to get achievements can help sales, even if the game is bad. There's a lot of sad individuals who treat their GamerScore as an extension of themselves and they must get it as high as possible.

• @Randulf said: People who are not interested in the game in the first place won't change their mind with "achievements".

I know at least one steam user who does not care how good a game is as long as it has achievements he will buy it.

• We already got several bugthreads (most in gamesupport rather then her though), I would suggest reading them.
    The shadows thing is said to happen without realtime shadows. So I assume you run graphics setting 6 or lower?

As for "achievements" I would agree, although not exactly like you say, but more like the 'did you try?' lists. I even said as such (and went into great detail how it would work in my mind) to TTG in the pre-order super secret forum first thread.

• I get a bug that makes Sam's head twitch dramatically from time to time when playing ep301... As odd as it is, it doesn't bug me that much, simply because it goes away after looking at an item or by itself sometimes.

Odd when it happens in a cutscene though...

• A game should be good enough to play agian without achivements, nothing ruins a good immersive gameplay experience for me more then BLING " you earned a crappy achivement". its amazing this bad sense of something has gained such fame. I absolute hate it. Wish i could turn it off. Especially when youre deep immersed in a good FPS, suddenly a horrible sound and the whole damn screen lights up BLING BLING BLONG CONGRATULATIONS!

wtf :S

• @Catfish33 said: I get a bug that makes Sam's head twitch dramatically from time to time when playing ep301... As odd as it is, it doesn't bug me that much, simply because it goes away after looking at an item or by itself sometimes.

Odd when it happens in a cutscene though...

Sam's head follow the pointer, so, I get that problem when the cursor is in the border of the screen.

• @GinnyN said: Sam's head follow the pointer, so, I get that problem when the cursor is in the border of the screen.

Personally, I get that problem whenever I have my cursor hovering over something that would be in Sam's peripheral vision. It can be quite annoying.

• I don't like achievements, they suck, they suck the same like when i want to buy a toothpaste that i'm beeing offered a reduced pack of tires. If i want a toothpaste i buy a toothpaste, if i want tires i buy tires and i don't want to get a free ride on a carrousel in the next town then with some invitation to a nail studio afterwards, all this sucks!

Add Comment