38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, there's lots of concern going around over this. All we can do is hope for a decent replacement.

• If they do ANYTHING to hurt Monkey Island 2: Special Edition's development then this is the end of the line...

From 2000 to 2009 they were all sucky with Star Wars stuff, letting Telltale have the Sam & Max license all for themselves so that they could focus more on Star Wars (that's my understanding anyway). But when Darrell took over, Telltale and LucasArts worked collaboratively on TMI, and made Monkey Island: Special Edition. Here I thought, maybe we should give them another chance, if they do MI2:SE, no more boundaries, no matter how bad their other games may be, I'll love them forever! I really hope they've learnt from these last few years about Monkey Island being a huge part of their income, and I hope their love for these type of games continues as opposed to reverting to their old ways.

Of course, it may not affect it at all and I could just be making a fuss about nothing. There are many signs (XBox deal of the week, release on PSN, Telltale's site, Mac, and the rating by the ESRB) that it could be here within the month...

• there still relesing pics on there fb like normal

• I don't think we should be too worried about this. I think LucasArts realizes how much going back to their star wars ways would hurt the fans, and they would make sure to get a point and click fan as the new pres, plus they know their is a lot of market out there for Monkey Island, and adventure games in general. As for MI2SE, they're still doing marketing and stuff for it, so I don't think it's gonna get cancelled any time soon.

EDIT: I commented on Facebook, asking for someone at LucasArts to confirm that this isn't putting adventure games in jepoardy, and I am anxiously awaiting a reply. I'll keep you posted on what gets said to that. Hopefully our fears will be put to rest.

• I wouldn't worry about this affecting MI2: SE.

[quote]LucasArts revealed that this event won't impact any of the company's current projects.[/quote]

• Yeah, until certain "marketplace realities" crawl back in...

• @Laserschwert said: Yeah, until certain "marketplace realities" crawl back in...

Luckily the current "marketplace realities" are that the Special Edition of MI 1 sold pretty well, as far as I know, and people are interested in the Special Edition of MI2.

• People were interested in "Sam & Max 2" as well... I think those "realities" were just valid inside of the Lucasfilm empire.

• @monkeymovies said: From 2000 to 2009 they were all sucky with Star Wars stuff, letting Telltale have the Sam & Max license all for themselves so that they could focus more on Star Wars (that's my understanding anyway).

They didn't really let Telltale get the license. Fact is, they lost the rights because they didn't renew the license when it expired. Rights reverted back to Purcell. TTG got the rights from Purcell.

• I'm not worried about MI2:SE... I'm pretty sure it's going to be released anyway... What I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY worried is about the possibility of a 2nd season of tales... What if the next pres thinks they shouldn't allow TTG to use the license?!?! What if they think they could make a better MI than TTG and ruin it?!?! I'm scared....

Add Comment