User Avatar Image

So what's the satire theme in Season 3?

posted by ABlackEyedPea on - last edited - Viewed by 173 users

Season 1 was a satire of media, ideals and public stupidity.

Season 2 was a satire of religion and people's beliefs.

So what's Season 3 going to be? It seems less satirical than the other seasons, and more focused on the funny.

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • season 3 is a satire of satirical situations.

also space and psychic powers

• Wait, what?

Season 1's theme was hypnotism, Season 2's was the occult. Season Three seems to be going for a different approach, episodes linked more by a narrative than a theme, though we'll see more of the full picture after another episode or two.

• Sam & max isn't particularly satirical though. Though the word seems to be getting a more broad meaning all the time.

Case in point

• @ABlackEyedPea said: Season 2 was a satire of religion and people's beliefs.

wait what

• @Giant Tope said: wait what

Easter island's statues were part of Rapa nui religeon, although now it is usually refered to as a mythology. They worshiped Makemake, who is now the namesake of a dwarf planet (non, i don't think Pluto should be a planet in case you were wondering).

Christianity was made fun of with the extremly casual setting of hell. I guess Ice Station Santa also makes fun of Christianity.

Night of the Raving Dead and Chariot of the Dogs makes fun of my religeon. I happen to worship worthless typewriter ribbons.

• So Hugh Bliss' cult was not a satire of religion? What?

• @Lena_P said: So Hugh Bliss' cult was not a satire of religion? What?

I always thought Hugh Bliss's Prismatology was more a slap in the face to all that self-help stuff, but then I remembered what the Scientologists offer to the uninitiated

Add Comment