User Avatar Image

ToMI - free Collector's DVD?

posted by Dr_Gray on - last edited - Viewed by 184 users

Hi there,
I got a question concerning "Tales of Monkey Island":
Is it possible to order a free Collector's DVD of the whole season like it's possible for "Sam & Max" if you have already bought all episodes?
If yes, how? If not, is it planned in the future?

Thanks for your help,
Dr.Gray

9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes, and you can order the DVD now! Check the store!

Telltale said in their recent newsletter that they expect the DVDs to start shipping this month.

• OK, thank you all so far - so I take it, that I have to enter the Order Number into the field "Got a coupon code? Enter it here:" in the Shopping Cart for ToMI, is that correct?

Im a bit confused because for Sam & Max, your are explicitely asked for your order number directly on the product page of the Collector's DVD...

cheers,
    Dr.Gray

• @Dr_Gray said: OK, thank you all so far - so I take it, that I have to enter the Order Number into the field "Got a coupon code? Enter it here:" in the Shopping Cart for ToMI, is that correct?

Im a bit confused because for Sam & Max, your are explicitely asked for your order number directly on the product page of the Collector's DVD...

cheers,
    Dr.Gray

Should automatically take the discount. If it doesn't, email support.

• @Dr_Gray said: Im a bit confused because for Sam & Max, your are explicitely asked for your order number directly on the product page of the Collector's DVD...

If you bought the whole season already and the price for the standard DVD is not 0$ Or you don't see the pre-orderer-slipcase after preordering

talesofmonkeyisland-disc-purcell.png

then you need to contact support.

email: support@telltalegames.com
    or send a PM to bonnie

• Ah ok, that explains it - since I don't own any episode yet.

I live in Europe and want to order the gold chest special edition.
    Two of my friends who already own the whole season asked me, if I could order the collector's DVD for them, so that we can share the shipping fee.

Is it possible, that I order the collector's DVD (I already got my friends' order numbers), or do they have to order on their own?

• Well, you can't do that manually, so IF possible (I don't know) you have to go through support.

And since it's $80,- (1x $50 and 2x $15) you might want to consider getting Puzzle Agent, saving you ALOT of money, probably even covering more than shipping...

• @Dr_Gray said: Is it possible, that I order the collector's DVD (I already got my friends' order numbers), or do they have to order on their own?

This might actually work since you can put more than one copy of the DVD in your cart.
    Edit: you cannot get more than one of a kind in the cart.
    1x Normal DVD without the treasurechest
    1x Treasurechest full price
    1x Treasurechest upgrade
    Edit2: Okay you can raise the amount of DVDs in the cart to 2 Treasurechest upgrades. BUT you will not get them for 0$ or the update Price since you don't own the game yet.

@Dr_Gray said: And since it's $80,- (1x $50 and 2x $15) you might want to consider getting Puzzle Agent, saving you ALOT of money, probably even covering more than shipping...

To explain that: if you preorder puzzle agent the rest of the items in your cart will be 50% of the price. This means that you will save 30$ (40-10 for the game). That's something you might want to consider)

Best option:
    You:
    Buy the Treasurechest + Puzzle Agent == 35$+shipping (Saves you 15$)

One Of Your Friends that owns the season:
    Buy Treasure Chest Upgrade 2x + Puzzle Agent == 25$ + Shipping (Saves them 5$)
    (If yhey don't want the chest they should get the 2 Standard DVDs only)

• OK, now I got a clear picture. Thank you guys for all the help and good suggesstions!
    The Puzzle Agent deal is really great, I will definitely take advantage of it! :)

Thanks again,
    Dr.Gray

Add Comment