User Avatar Image

Post your desktop screenshots!

posted by tredlow on - last edited - Viewed by 12.5K users

Here's mine:

walp.jpg

Ah... Relaxes me every time I see it.

Yeah, yeah, I still use an XP like a caveman.

710 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh nice! I was re-watching Hogfather the other day and remain consistently impressed with their rendering of A'tuin. That couldn't have been cheap for them.

• @Will said: Oh nice! I was re-watching Hogfather the other day and remain consistently impressed with their rendering of A'tuin. That couldn't have been cheap for them.

Oh, I haven't watched that one! I've only watched Color Of Magic and The Light Fantastic. I heard it was okay.

• @tredlow
    This definately is a fake. This would be the first clutter free windows desktop i've seen in my life.

• @taumel said: @tredlow
    This definately is a fake. This would be the first clutter free windows desktop i've seen in my life.

If you right click directly onto your desktop and then select 'view' in the dropdown menu, you will see an option of showing desktop items or not. This is obviously what Tredlow did in this case.

• Before I got Windows 7, I had a clutter-free desktop on my Windows XP too. It's nothing unusual. Some people just don't like shortcut icons and use docks or fences, or just use the start menu.

EDIT: ^ or that.

• The CGI in the Discworld features Sky did was really astonishing, especially for something that came from Sky TV

Oh and here's my desktop

attachment.php?attachmentid=1472&stc=1&d

Also, marvel at my mighty peak download rate on Steam

attachment.php?attachmentid=1473&stc=1&d

• @taumel said: @jeeno0142
    Which no one uses in real.

? I'm thinking it's quite possible in this case considering that Tredlow set up this thread to show of his desktop wallpaper, and not his icons. I may be wrong though, i'm just saying it is a strong possibility.

It should be easy enough to find out -

@Tredlow
    How come there are no icons present on your desktop? I for one am now very curious to know!:)

• @PecanBlue said: Before I got Windows 7, I had a clutter-free desktop on my Windows XP too. It's nothing unusual. Some people just don't like shortcut icons and use docks or fences, or just use the start menu.

EDIT: ^ or that.

I'm more happy with Windows 7 than i was with XP but still i have to clean up the desktop from time to time, same on OSX. I suspect for most people the desktop seems to be somekind of mid term clipboard.

Actually i remember the Amiga beeing a clutter free desktop.

• PS. Here is my totally kawaii animu desktop.

Look, I... I think the girl is cute, ok? >:( Also there weren't that many high resolution desktop wallpaper choices in my files when I switched to this screen resolution and I got lazy.

I have to scroll over the taskbar to get it to show and also those two shortcut files are photos that my friend transfered over while we were on a trip to clear space on her camera for more photos. She told me to keep them somewhere where I'd remember I put them and not delete them and she hasn't come to transfer them to her own computer in days. SHEESH.

Add Comment