User Avatar Image

Original S&M Voice Actors?

posted by You Crack Me Up on - last edited - Viewed by 419 users

Hi everyone!
I'd like to say I'm really amazed about the quality of the 3 new S&M Seasons!
The only flaw I found are S&M's dubbers... they just don't sound right.
Really, I wish I could hear them again with their original Hit The Road voices!
Are there any chances that this could happen?

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You played through every episode of Season 1 & 2?

• Yes, I've completed the first 2 seasons and I'm currently playing ep. 301 :)

• @You Crack Me Up said: Yes, I've completed the first 2 seasons and I'm currently playing ep. 301 :)

Ah, I was just curious because I thought maybe thier voices would've grown on you by now, but to each thier own. It's all good.

My opinion is bias though, because the TT games are the first time I heard them speak, so I love the current voices as if they were the ones Sam&Max were born with, though I knew of thier existence before. I tried to get a copy of Hit the Road many years ago, but being a dumb kid I just called random computer stores one after another not knowing of catalogues and such.
    I still haven't played HtR :( except for about 5 minutes of it [long story, made short wasn't my copy] Off topic for a sec: anyone know where I can legally obtain a copy? This would be very much appreciated if someone could let me know.

In response to your original question. I would highly doubt it, but stranger things have happened in our known universe.

• I miss Nick Jameson, too. Sounded like a cuddly Joe Pesci. But David Nowlin's much better, just because I don't want Bill Farmer to be typecast as a walking talking dog. Nowlin seems to fit the writing a lot better, anyway.

• Oh and welcome to the forums! :)

• @You Crack Me Up said: Hi everyone!
    I'd like to say I'm really amazed about the quality of the 3 new S&M Seasons!
    The only flaw I found are S&M's dubbers... they just don't sound right.
    Really, I wish I could hear them again with their original Hit The Road voices!
    Are there any chances that this could happen?

I love the current voices and think they're superior to the original.

But to answer your question, no, I doubt that there is any chance they will re-record the dialogue for 16 games.

• I still think the HTR actors fit the characters the best.
    However, the new voice actors have grown on me, and I love their voices for the characters.
    I wouldn't want Telltale to suddenly switch voice actors, even if they'd be able to get the HTR ones. However, if Lucasarts ever gets hold of the IP again... Well... Let's just say I wouldn't mind hearing Nick Jameson and Bill Farmer again.

• @Joop said: However, if Lucasarts ever gets hold of the IP again... Well... Let's just say I wouldn't mind hearing Nick Jameson and Bill Farmer again.

That won't happen, and if it did, I believe it would be disastrous for all involved.

• For me, personally, I didn't like Max sounding like a 1930's-ish gangster from New York [even if that does somewhat describe him]. Sam sounded great though.

Add Comment