User Avatar Image

Questions about ep. 2/ Paperweight didcussion

posted by The_Hamburgaler on - last edited - Viewed by 761 users

These are just some things I'm not sure about. Spoilers bound.

At the end, when Paperwaite Is forced to say the summoning words, shouldnt yog Soggoth have been summoned? The summon was complete wasnt it?

And on the note of Paperwaite, Probably the worst villain of any S&M game. And know that I loved ep.2 greatly. But he was never around so we barely interacted with him, and the twist ending for him was unnecessary. I would like to have seen the film stop after the questions were answered on stage, then the films cuts out. Maybe S&M find him at the old theater and it turns out he has gone apeshit due to prolonged exposure to the toy box.



Did i miss an entire section of the game? When Sammus and maximus are walking into the tomb, they make reference to tricking baby Almeia into running twords a mirage to get her off their backs. I never did this event. Is their a chunk of game missing?


Thats all I can think of

64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @The_Hamburgaler said:
    At the end, when Paperwaite Is forced to say the summoning words, shouldnt yog Soggoth have been summoned? The summon was complete wasnt it?


    I assume that it failed because A) Mr Papierwaite wasn't 'the chosen one', he just had the chosen one's voice and B) not all of the toys were in place when the summoning spell was spoken.

    @The_Hamburgaler said: And on the note of Paperwaite, Probably the worst villain of any S&M game. And know that I loved ep.2 greatly. But he was never around so we barely interacted with him, and the twist ending for him was unnecessary.


    Hm, I don't know. I suspected him to be the villain from the start, but I think that was the whole point of his character - we knew that Sameth and Maximus were going to die, and I figured that they'd be betrayed and presumably dropped into the pit of flesh-eating ants, so for his plot twist to backfire is a twist in itself?

    Plus, for all we know, he might be back later on. This could just be his intro story.

    @The_Hamburgaler said: Did i miss an entire section of the game?


    I'm pretty sure that that was just a joke. There was a cue card glossing over the 'many exciting adventures' they had together, so...meh.

  • I like him as a villain, because everything that happens in his episode was his plan; he pulled the strings to get his way without constantly being around.

    Hopefully he'll be seen again later.

  • I loved the guy. He scared me. A lot. Not, really.

    Now he's inside the Toy Box apparently. Probably (And I hope so) we'll see him again ^^!

  • Secret Origins: mr Paperwaite
    ps Skun'kape comes back ep3 he got out ones he can do it agen plus hers haw I fhink ep3 thay get Can o' Nuts dume View-Master Telephone Rhinoplasty Playing cards to gever and max gets biger a lot biger

  • User Avatar Image
    aHartzell Telltale Staff

    Hi, Hamburgaler. This is Andy, the designer. Glad you liked the episode.

    Papierwaite's ending was supposed to be somewhat ambiguous, so if you're confused...you're supposed to be. But all questions will be answered in due time.

    Sorry you didn't warm up to him as a character, but that's understandable too. He's more of an enigmatic figure than a full-on villain in this episode...a device to move the plot along. As the plot develops, maybe you'll revise your opinion.

  • woops ep4 hes back mr Paperwaite that is

  • Both Skunkape and Papierwaite have been "sealed away" rather than completely defeated (like the Soda Poppers, Jurgen, Hugh Bliss, Internet or Mr. Spatula, among others) which leads me to believe that they could possibly show up again later in the season.

    Papierwaite's appearance in Momma Bosco's lab in the first trailer, where he shows an animation not seen anywhere in Tomb of Sammun-Mak, could be a sign of him reappearing.

  • @Planeforger said: I assume that it failed because A) Mr Papierwaite wasn't 'the chosen one', he just had the chosen one's voice and B) not all of the toys were in place when the summoning spell was spoken.

    Personally, I got the thought that Yog Soggoth, being 'of the toybox' sensed Max looking in on the scene through the projector and is the one who made off with his brain, and that's why he's nowhere to be found during the scene. You'll notice that Max stopped interacting with the scene when Yog Soggoth was released. The rest was a cutscene ending.

  • @aHartzell said: As the plot develops, maybe you'll revise your opinion.

    This tell me we will know more about Papierwaite in the next episodes =P

  • @aHartzell said: Hi, Hamburgaler. This is Andy, the designer. Glad you liked the episode.

    Papierwaite's ending was supposed to be somewhat ambiguous, so if you're confused...you're supposed to be. But all questions will be answered in due time.

    Sorry you didn't warm up to him as a character, but that's understandable too. He's more of an enigmatic figure than a full-on villain in this episode...a device to move the plot along. As the plot develops, maybe you'll revise your opinion.


    if you want ppl to warm to as him as a villian you need to give him shifty eyes

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c

Add Comment