User Avatar Image

Kind of disappointed...

posted by jovak on - last edited - Viewed by 634 users

I´m a big fan of everything that Telltale´s made and especially Sam&Max. But I don´t know what to think about these two episodes. Sure, they look great, the gameplay is harder and more advanced but something´s missing. There´s too little of the psychotic Max ("the total annihilation of the godless Belgians", "is this the end of little Maxie?"), the dialog isn´t as razorsharp as in the two last seasons. I sure hope that this will change in the upcoming episodes.

67 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not to degrade your opinion or anything, but I find this statement interesting because other than looking great, you share the complete opposite view than the general consensus. From my observation, most people found the gameplay to be easier than the previous seasons (or at least season two), and found that the writing is top notch.

Do tell more.

• psychotic max is ben treded in of psychic max mackin him more evolved hill be bark wen sam ask max you seam different. max: shore sam but psychic now. sam: um gust be you. max: ok sam. den they find a new toy and it macs max grow big in to the 50 foot rabbet sam: I shouldn't have said that.

• i'm too feel this season is easier to beat than the last, but i'm not sure that's a bad thing... every other TTG game except for this season i've had to bust out the walkthrough at some point. it's not a good feeling, so far i'm 2-0 for this season though! i will say this however, season 3 could've used more polish. enginewise, the film grain, absolute future vision insanity, sometimes making the puzzles feel TOO easy

• I guess everyone's different. I found the writing better in this one, but there did seem to be less of the following:
    1) click something you know is unimportant, 2) sam says something, 3) max says something witty in response.

It felt like there were a million of these items in season 1, in settings such as their office.

• @kane said: Psychotic Max has been traded in for Psychic Max, making him more evolved. He'll be back when Sam asks Max "You seem different." Max: "Sorry Sam, but I'm psychic now." Sam: "Hum, just be yourself." Max: "Ok, Sam." Then they find a new toy and it makes Max grow big into the 50 foot rabbit. Sam: "I shouldn't have said that."

Your speculation is always nice to read, but I wish you didn't keep stating it as facts.

• Oh no, not the 50 foot rabbit!

• sorry but 50 foot rabbit! is to Dow waif vision's

• I know what the 50 foot rabbit is based on, there was the future vision, there is the villains' lineup, but the whole scenario you talk about is speculation and you kind of make it sound like it's totally what's going to happen.
    Which is... a bit weird, I guess?

• You know, it's a curious fact about popular franchises that no matter how popular they are or how consistent their quality is, there will always be, after every new release, a few people with negative reactions ranging from "I wish this thing was better" to "omg it has jumped the shark I hate the dude who made this now"

• @Maratanos said: You know, it's a curious fact about popular franchises that no matter how popular they are or how consistent their quality is, there will always be, after every new release, a few people with negative reactions ranging from "I wish this thing was better" to "omg it has jumped the shark I hate the dude who made this now"

I think that just comes down to the simple platitude, "You cant please everyone all of the time, so you have to please some people most of the time".

Add Comment