Menu
User Avatar Image

Get Rid of 'Thanks For Playing Window'--How?

posted by Ratsneve on - last edited - Viewed by 339 users

I have installed both 301 and 302 Sam & Max and they both seem to be running fine though I have to figure out/decide on keyboard/mouse/or controller soon or I'll be using all three.

After I quit each game a 'Thanks For Playing' window appears with a link to the Telltale website. I don't need this so I was wondering if there was any way to turn off the mild intrusion?

Also in Windows 7 64-bit the mouse pointer will not hover over inside this 'exit' window. It is there because I can guess its location and go to the website link. The pointer does highlight the upper right 'red x' so I can close this 'feature'--which will likely be the only thing I will do with it.

Let me know if you are working on a work-around, fix, or option to remove this screen please--I don't like it--but I'm afraid to use Max's powers just yet to force it to go away since that sometimes gets messy.

Thank you.

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • +1

Same happens in XP btw (and probably Vista).

• Yes, it happens in Vista as well.

• The window itself doesn't bother me too much, it's the mouse cursor disappearing that's a pain, because then it's guess work trying to locate the 'X' to close the window.

• Same thing on Linux, actually, and that is a bit annoying having the mouse cursor disappear. I would like to see this addressed as well.

• boy am I glad that the steam-version doesn't have that "feature".
    Why aren't some of you guys who clearly preordered the season using the steamversion instead? (by using the hat-code)

• Yeah, the dissapearing mouse irks me a tad, it's hardly a deal breaker though

@der_ketzer said: Why aren't some of you guys who clearly preordered the season using the steamversion instead? (by using the hat-code)

Cos the Telltale version for 302 was up a good bit before the Steam version ;)

• I found a 'Prefs.prop' file for each game but it looks like the industry has taken all the fun out of the end user making game 'adjustments'. No more .ini files. Notepad will open a .prop file but the contents here seems to be one long string of garbage.

I think Telltale should do a patch to remove their post-game splash screens. I wonder whose last minute idea this was and for what purpose?:mad:

There is a pretty good turnout so far so I suspect Telltale should have something to say rsn.

• @Ratsneve said: I found a 'Prefs.prop' file for each game but it looks like the industry has taken all the fun out of the end user making game 'adjustments'. No more .ini files. Notepad will open a .prop file but the contents here seems to be one long string of garbage.

This would be great. Maybe we would be able to disable the filmgrain if it was a .ini-file.

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

There is no need to hunt down the "close" button, just press Alt+F4 and you're done.
    If you want to make sure you're closing the right window, press Alt+Space instead - The Game System Menu should appear at the top-left corner of the window, if it does just press Alt+F4.

• @jmm said: There is no need to hunt down the "close" button, just press Alt+F4 and you're done.
    If you want to make sure you're closing the right window, press Alt+Space instead - The Game System Menu should appear at the top-left corner of the window, if it does just press Alt+F4.

Interesting. I've never used any of the Alt + commands except Alt + Print Screen. Moving the pointer outside of the window reveals its where abouts so you can find the 'red-x' pretty easily. Do you think Telltale will fix the problem?

Add Comment