User Avatar Image

106 Alternate Icon -BSotM Spoilers-

posted by lombre on - last edited - Viewed by 255 users

In one of the Bright Side of the Moon commentaries, it's mentioned that Telltale originally designed the BSotM icon to feature Hugh Bliss's face on the moon, rather than just Sam. Now, I know this is a long shot, but is there any way you guys might still have that original icon somewhere? To be honest, ever since I got Season 1 of S&M a few months ago, I always thought that icon just seemed a bit.. generic. No offense to Sam or anything, but his face just doesn't capture the episode. I'd love to have that original Hugh Bliss icon on my desktop.

57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey, same here. This reminds me of the alternate 204 icon where instead of Bosco being sucked up by T.H.E.M, he was in his store looking up at a bright light. I have the small version of the icon but I would love to have a full sized version.
    picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=247

• Dang, now I want a full sized version of that as well!

• I might set out to make this on wednesday...

• @The Highway said: I might set out to make this on wednesday...

You would officially be the best person in the world.

• @The Highway said: I might set out to make this on wednesday...

Wait you can make a full sized version? Where were you two years ago?

• I've got PSDs for both of those icons... I think. They were both changed largely because of readability at small sizes. Hugh Bliss as the moon just looked like a yellow blob, and Bosco looking up at the light looked like a blobby painting of either Jesus or Mary looking to the heavens, so we switched to things which could be more clearly seen at tiny sizes. Also, in the case of 106, we switched to Sam's head instead of Hugh's so the beginning and end of the season could be sort of bookended with Max at one end and Sam at the other.

• Why do I have a sudden, insatiable craving for toast?

• @Jake said: I've got PSDs for both of those icons... I think. They were both changed largely because of readability at small sizes. Hugh Bliss as the moon just looked like a yellow blob, and Bosco looking up at the light looked like a blobby painting of either Jesus or Mary looking to the heavens, so we switched to things which could be more clearly seen at tiny sizes. Also, in the case of 106, we switched to Sam's head instead of Hugh's so the beginning and end of the season could be sort of bookended with Max at one end and Sam at the other.

Could you post both in the large sizes? Pleeaasse?

• @Jake said: I've got PSDs for both of those icons... I think. They were both changed largely because of readability at small sizes. Hugh Bliss as the moon just looked like a yellow blob, and Bosco looking up at the light looked like a blobby painting of either Jesus or Mary looking to the heavens, so we switched to things which could be more clearly seen at tiny sizes. Also, in the case of 106, we switched to Sam's head instead of Hugh's so the beginning and end of the season could be sort of bookended with Max at one end and Sam at the other.

Oh, I was going to make it as Hugh Bliss' face with a moon background. and i still am

Add Comment