User Avatar Image

The Disorient Express Appreciation Thread

posted by MRN on - last edited - Viewed by 282 users

15qyq6f.jpg

Words cannot describe the awesomness.

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes, agreed. I also thought that it was quite awesome. A little too awesome to just be featured in one episode. Everything from its interior appearance, its exterior appearance, its passengers to its clever name - it really is cool.

• User Avatar Image
    MRN

Yes it is. I hope we get to see more of this in another episode somehow...

• So do I. It's hard to see how it could be included though. Perhaps Sam & Max could find it in a museum (tattered and broken), steal it (somehow), restore it (somehow) and place it on the train tracks beneath the Straight & Narrow (somehow) and ride the thing to hell and back again!

• User Avatar Image
    MRN

^^ Lol, that would be awesome xD

• It could have been more awesome if we were allowed into the er... engine room or whatever it is called. And then we could have driven it. Or whatever you do with a train...

But that is the only way it could have been more awesome. Within the realms of possibility, it was fantastic.

• Yeah, loved the train bit. Dunno if I'd be willing to see it again, though. Depends on contet/story.

• @bobtheskutter said: It could have been more awesome if we were allowed into the er... engine room or whatever it is called. And then we could have driven it. Or whatever you do with a train...

It would be nice to have the ability to explore the train in its entirety, including the locomotive, the conductor's office, the dining car, and of course the lunatic car. :)

Driving it is another matter altogether. I don't see it fitting an adventure game at all, unless, it is simplified a lot (like driving the Desoto).

If you like driving trains, you can try ZuSi (German), which simulates a lot of trains simultaneously and the signaling of an entire rail system.
    There is also a free simulator with nice graphics, but it can only simulate one train at a time: Loksim (also German)

• User Avatar Image
    MRN

[quote=logicdeluxe;315575]it would be nice to have the ability to explore the train in its entirety, including the locomotive, the conductor's office, the dining car, and of course the lunatic car. :)[/quote]

There's a lunatic car??????

:D

• @LogicDeLuxe said:
    If you like driving trains, you can try ZuSi (German), which simulates a lot of trains simultaneously and the signaling of an entire rail system.

Eek no. I like driving a la the DeSoto.

Might explain why they took my licence away.

Kidding, kidding.

• I love trains, especially old-timey ones. So the Disorient Express' presence in this episode pleased me greatly. :D

Add Comment