User Avatar Image

Just ordered the Animated Series.

posted by Ezny on - last edited - Viewed by 222 users

Finished the comic, and just wanted more Sam & Max. I love cartoons in general so I figured why not. Even if it's bad I won't care, I'll still enjoy it, but from what I've heard some of it is pretty good.

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Really? How was "The Damned Don't Dance?" I've always been interested in that one.

• @queen_of_the_lobsters said: Really? How was "The Damned Don't Dance?" I've always been interested in that one.

Oh, I just ordered it a few minutes ago, it hasn't shown up yet. :o

Oh unless you mean from the comic, that one was pretty cool. :) Definately neat to see some of their relatives.

edit: However I've seen in clips they apparently do remake this one in the series.

• @Catfish33 said: Oh unless you mean from the comic, that one was pretty cool. :)

That's the one! I wanted to read that one because it mentioned the Sam and Max families. That sort of thing always fascinates me for some reason (As does Grandma Ruth and "Christmas! Bloody Christmas!" You'll see what I'm talking about soon enough.

• @queen_of_the_lobsters said: That's the one! I wanted to read that one because it mentioned the Sam and Max families. That sort of thing always fascinates me for some reason.

Yep there's quite a few of them in the last panel. :D

• Yay! I absolutely love the cartoon...and it's amazing to see how much they got past the censors : D

My dog also loved it. He loved it so much he chewed every piece into tiny bits and left me with nothing but the sticker and the first disc.

I miss it...I didn't even get to finish it...

• I thought it was cool how it comes with a sticker. I'm actually looking forward to that quite a bit. :o Oh and the special features too, well all of it really.

Should show up before the end of the week, most likely...

Sorry your dog ate them, lol.

• You won't be disappointed!! Bought it last Xmas and loved every second of it! Of course the humour it's not as razorsharp as the comic but still pretty edgy... The extras are great and the sticker is awesome! 5 hours of S&M mayhem! :cool:

• I watched all the episodes on youtube but I still want to buy the DVD set. I actually really liked the series and it was the first thing Sam and Max I saw due to a reviewer on ThatGuyWiththeGlasses. I'd buy it now but I really shouldn't, if I buy one thing from the store I wont stop, I'm cursed I tells ya! Also I prefer the comics overall, I think the jokes are pulled of a little better in the comics from time to time.

• Believe me it is a great cartoon. I had my little cousin over for a little family get together. We snuck away, poped the dvd in and got it set up, I went to get a soda and when I got back he was laughing like crazy(I believe it was dsyfunction of the gods when max beats up cupid)

• The first episode made me cringe a bit at how they set up the "premise" of the show. It seemed like they were going to present it with the same-exact-set-up-every-week kind of thing that has plagued Saturday morning cartoons from time immemorial, but then they totally didn't, so worries for nothing! :) Also, Lorne, Their Friend For Life was played by Patrick McKenna who basically played Lorne as a toned down version of Harold Green which made my day :D

Add Comment