User Avatar Image

TOMI on 360/PS3... will it ever happen?

posted by Sipher X05 on - last edited - Viewed by 109 users

With E3 around the corner Im hoping Telltale will announce TOMI for these consoles. Im not that good when it comes to PCs so this would be perfect.
Have we had any snippets of info about if this could happen?

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It doesn't need to happen. And I highly doubt it will.

  • Considering their goal is to get every game in as many peoples' hands as they can, as well as the fact that MI:SE is on XBLA, TMI going to XBLA is a high probability.

  • Depends on the sales on the PS3 version, I believe that Sam & Max Season 1 sold better than Season 2 on XBLA but I wonder how that compares to the sales of Season 3 on the PSN.

  • @Ash735 said: Depends on the sales on the PS3 version, I believe that Sam & Max Season 1 sold better than Season 2 on XBLA but I wonder how that compares to the sales of Season 3 on the PSN.



    I'm just going off the speed of the IPad release of Sam and Max (which took 3 days to port), but I think that Telltale could posisbly release it on 360/PS3. It wouldnt be until after Sam and Max, but they can clearly do it relatively easily, it'd just be convincing sony/microsoft that it would sell.

  • @Fury said: I'm just going off the speed of the IPad release of Sam and Max (which took 3 days to port), but I think that Telltale could posisbly release it on 360/PS3. It wouldnt be until after Sam and Max, but they can clearly do it relatively easily, it'd just be convincing sony/microsoft that it would sell.



    The iPad port was a one time thing to coincide with the system launch, they poured basically all of their resources into it to make that deadline, and it still launched buggy and poorly optimized, which is likely the reason episode 2 hasn't come out for iPad yet.

  • @Pale Man said: The iPad port was a one time thing to coincide with the system launch, they poured basically all of their resources into it to make that deadline, and it still launched buggy and poorly optimized, which is likely the reason episode 2 hasn't come out for iPad yet.



    Yeah, but they did manage to pull it off on such short notice. They could do the same with PS3 versions of TOMI, but the question is is it really worth it? I mean everyone who is going to buy the game pretty much already has for PC. Most Monkey Island fans were PC gamers anyway, so it's not like they would be getting any financial gain from it. Plus, it would cost money to have it up on PSN/XBLA. I just can't see it happening.

  • @Fury said: Yeah, but they did manage to pull it off on such short notice. They could do the same with PS3 versions of TOMI, but the question is is it really worth it? I mean everyone who is going to buy the game pretty much already has for PC. Most Monkey Island fans were PC gamers anyway, so it's not like they would be getting any financial gain from it. Plus, it would cost money to have it up on PSN/XBLA. I just can't see it happening.



    Sam and Max Save the World and Beyond Time And Space were both originally PC only, and after a couple years they both found their way to XBLA and Wii. It's not unheard of for Telltale, and given TMI's success, I think it's more a question of when than if.

  • Yeah, but it's already on a console, albeit the worst one. Sales on that system are fairly indicitative of whether it would come out on another system or not, and the response to the Wii version hasn't been as good as the PC version. I'm not convinced it would happen, but maybe.

    If it was going to happen, it would happen around the time of a TOMI Season 2 announcement, which will happen eventually, but not until the current season of S and M is over.

  • @Fury said: Yeah, but it's already on a console, albeit the worst one. Sales on that system are fairly indicitative of whether it would come out on another system or not, and the response to the Wii version hasn't been as good as the PC version. I'm not convinced it would happen, but maybe.

    If it was going to happen, it would happen around the time of a TOMI Season 2 announcement, which will happen eventually, but not until the current season of S and M is over.



    In the article I linked above, Dan Connors himself states that getting TMI on XBLA is a "huge priority" and they definitely want to do it as soon as they can, which is pretty much a guarantee that, unless LEC or Microsoft stop them from doing it, it will be done when they have a little less on their plate.

  • @Pale Man said: In the article I linked above, Dan Connors himself states that getting TMI on XBLA is a "huge priority" and they definitely want to do it as soon as they can, which is pretty much a guarantee that, unless LEC or Microsoft stop them from doing it, it will be done when they have a little less on their plate.



    I still want to believe that, but that interview with Connors was a long time ago. I do know The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition sold very well on XBLA, surprising a lot of people, so you'd think it's a no-brainer. However, I think Telltale was disappointed with the whole experience of the Wallace & Grommit episodes (which is sad, because I loved them and bought them all on XBLA), so maybe that cooled them on the system a bit.

    Have my fingers crossed for a quiet announcement at E3 next week.

Add Comment