User Avatar Image

Official request for multilanguage versions of Jurassic Park And Back to Future games

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

That's a request for multilanguage versions episode of the future TT games: Jurassic Park and Back to Future.
It would be really appreciated if the translated episodes could be published along te english ones when they come out.
Thanks.

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My first language isn't English, but I vote against this proposal.

• User Avatar Image
    Tor

I don't see anything wrong with offering the episodes with translated subtitles as an option, as long as it doesn't make the episodes a lot more expensive to create.

• @Tor said: I don't see anything wrong with offering the episodes with translated subtitles as an option, as long as it doesn't make the episodes a lot more expensive to create.

I'm not as strongly opposed to subtitles as voice acting for a first version of a Telltale game, but I can't see it not creating months of delays and much increased costs of production, unless they would be some sort of official fan-made translations done by members of the forums or something.

• I hope Microsoft will want to have those games on XBox Live and then have multilanguage subtitles from the very beginning, like Wallace & Gromit.

• Well, I'm far more concerned with the delay of the DVDs! I know I didn't order and the games are hardly announced yet, but that's no reason for the shipping to take so long.

• The press release talks about an Xbox 360 version (Live Arcade, I suppose). ;)
    No way Microsoft is going to allow an English-only title on their network.

• I oppose this request.

If most games were localised, I probably wouldn't know even half as much English as I do. Also, the time and money this would take might harm the quality of the episodes as they still have to come out every month.

Though if the publishers did most of the localisation work, I'd be more okay with it.

• @LASD said: I oppose this request.

If most games were localised, I probably wouldn't know even half as much English as I do. Also, the time and money this would take might harm the quality of the episodes as they still have to come out every month.

Though if the publishers did most of the localisation work, I'd be more okay with it.

You can choose the language you can install the games. I have all my Wallace and Gromit games installed in English, because there's little problems with the Subtitles in Spanish which bugs me.

Anyway, if the announce say X-Box, then, Microsoft is going to translate them, just like with W&G. No need to worry about, I think.

• Will the dinos roar in English, right? :p

Add Comment