User Avatar Image

Graphics

posted by plrichard on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

You knew this was coming.

Personally, I want realistic graphics.

173 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't know. I think both approaches could potentially work, but without seeing it...

• Both can work but i think Telltale's best choice is to go in a cartoony game style similar to the ghostbusters game for the wii

I'm a little worried that with Telltale doing bigger and more popular games they may abandon lucasarts titles for bigger things.

• I'd like to see some real action, some drama, some seriousness! If it's all too cartoony, I can't take it for real. Not with BTTF.

Imagine the DeLorean in a cartoony way..it's just not right. But, then again, if someone told me that I will cry while playing a Monkey Island game, I would have never believed him/her! Telltale can do pretty amazing stuff with their tool, including creating a cool atmosphere...almost perfect.

• I don't care at all what style they go for.

• They probably already know what style they're going for and thus are sitting behind their super-size computer-screens, in their big velvety thrones laughing maniacally at us.

I voted cartoony for want of a "somewhere in between the two" option.

• I don't mind if BTTF goes cartoonish or not...

Comic1.JPG

But Jurassic Park, on the other hand, must be realistic.....or not. I guess it could work. I don't know. As long as the story is good and the gameplay fun and the graphics at least comparable to Wallace & Grommit.

Also, You'd better bloody well be able to die in Jurassic Park. Maybe in BTTF creating a paradox could result in an unwanted game ending, but I don't think it needs deaths per se. But both games need to feel dangerous. BTTF was all about time limits, high speed action, and JUST making it. This needs to be presented and experienced in the game. Jurassic Park's danger atmosphere goes without saying...

And they'd just better get Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd to voice it (unless those characters won't be in the game) or it'll be a huge epic fail. I know Fox would be up for it (he's done quite a bit of voice work since his condition) but I don't know about Lloyd. And Jeff Goldblum for Jurassic Park if nobody else.

• At the moment I'd say somewhere in between fully realistic and cartoony. It does need to be more realistic than cartoony mind.

• It should look like this:
    mcmonkeyisland.png
    ;)

• Where's the "somewhere in between" option?

• I can't rally decide. Although I think if it goes for realistic people need to remember this is an adventure game, and while the graphics will obviously be better than say, Half Life 2, you shouldn't expect Crysis.

Add Comment