User Avatar Image

Music

posted by Trenchfoot on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

What do you think they'll do with the music? Personally, I hope they go with the music of any of the three films. The one that fits best. And if Universal allows them to use unreleased or alternate music (like in the Lego Indy games), then awesome!
But if they can get John Williams... I mean, that would be soooo cool. Impossible. But cool!

(Same goes to BTTF. Get Alan Silvestri! He hasn't done any interesting movies since the 90's!)

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They don't need movie soundtracks for the games. The first Star Wars and Indiana Jones games had excellent scores. It's when they started ripping of the movie soundtracks for everything that it got really bland.

• I think resident composer Jared Emerson Johnson should do the soundtracks.

• @Secret Fawful said: I think resident composer Jared Emerson Johnson should do the soundtracks.

Uhhhhh....No, I think there should be some of the movie music, because that was also inspiring of the movies too.

• @Icedhope said: Uhhhhh....No, I think there should be some of the movie music, because that was also inspiring of the movies too.

Oh right. Jared couldn't possibly be talented enough to reenact the original movie score.

....Come on.

• A middle point could be that Johnson composes a new soundtrack based on Williams style and themes. But only use the older themes when appropiate... After all, the themes are leimotifs for characters or situations.
    For example, the four note theme heard during the opening of the first film is the Carnivores motif, used for the T-Rex and the Raptors, mainly.

The only thing that worries me about this is that Johnson is gonna get exhausted with so many games!
    Ask Land to help! :D

• All I know is that the orginal themes should be used, because it's just fits with the style of the charachters and the dinosaurs themselves.

• I think it'll be cool if somebody like Jared does the music, as long as he's allowed to use snippets and leitmotifs from the original film score. Same for BTTF.

• @Trenchfoot said: A middle point could be that Johnson composes a new soundtrack based on Williams style and themes. But only use the older themes when appropiate... After all, the themes are leimotifs for characters or situations.

Which the early Indiana Jones and Star Wars games pulled off very well. Look at Fate of Atlantis, Tie Fighter, and Dark Forces. All of them have movie themes in them of course, but the soundtrack is prominently brand new and catered to the game. Not just ripped sloppily from the movie soundtracks and thrown in at random like most Star Wars games after the millennium.

If they rip off the movie soundtracks in BTTF and JP I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed, as the game soundtracks are (big surprise) a big selling point for the enjoyment and experience of a game to me.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Which the early Indiana Jones and Star Wars games pulled off very well. Look at Fate of Atlantis, Tie Fighter, and Dark Forces. All of them have movie themes in them of course, but the soundtrack is prominently brand new and catered to the game. Not just ripped sloppily from the movie soundtracks and thrown in at random like most Star Wars games after the millennium.

If they rip off the movie soundtracks in BTTF and JP I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed, as the game soundtracks are (big surprise) a big selling point for the enjoyment and experience of a game to me.

They are a big thing for me too I would enjoy new music but with the theme incorporated in.

• Yes, I said that. Of course it needs the theme. But that doesn't mean you have to use THE recording from the movie soundtrack for the theme. Musicians are perfectly capable of rerecording it. Especially since the musical notation score of movie soundtracks are quite available even if you couldn't do it by ear.

Add Comment