User Avatar Image

No, no, no, NOOOOOOO!!!!!

posted by Megaace on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

I am still on shock. I love Telltale and I have bought all their games because it is the only company devoted to graphic adventures. Now I read these news about a Back to the Future and (gulp!) Jurassic Park games... Why oh why? Telltale has sold to the enemy and now they are going to make action or, even worse... "action adventures".
Does the world need more "action adventures"? No sir. Does the world need more Hollywood-licensed games? Noooo sir. Does the world need more "interactive cinematic movies". Oh, noooo....

Less time, less money and less resources to make good graphic adventures...
Telltale has sold to Hollywood. Now I am depressed... I am going to drink a full bottle of whisky right now... :(

172 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Megaace said: I am still on shock. I love Telltale and I have bought all their games because it is the only company devoted to graphic adventures. Now I read this new about a Back to the Future and (gulp!) Jurassic Park games... Why oh why? Telltale has sold to the enemy and now thet are going to make action or, even worse... "action adventures".
    Does the world need more "action adventures"? No sir. Does the world need more Hollywood-licensed games? Noooo sir. Does the world need more "interactive cinematic movies". Oh, noooo....

    Less time, less money and less resources to make good graphic adventures...
    Telltale has sold to Hollywood. Now I am depressed... I am going to drink a full bottle of whisky right now... :(

    You know what, I was pissed as hell and one of my friends told me to give it a try both movies haven't been heard of in over a decade, wich means. They're still fans craving for it, and beleive me I love Jurassic Park, and there needs to be something done with the franchise because honestly it's a good franchise that has a fanbase.

  • @Megaace said: Does the world need more Hollywood-licensed games? Noooo sir.


    Um, Telltale's mission since it started was to create games based on licensed properties, including film and TV. From the press release announcing the company's formation way back in 2004:

    @Megaace said: "When it comes to storytelling in games, we see a solid foundation provided by the high quality adventure game legacy of Infocom, Sierra, and LucasArts," says CEO Connors. "Our goal is to build on that, with the new and exciting opportunity that is brought to the market by the phenomenal, story focused licenses that exist in film, comics, literature, and television."


    They're just doing what they've always done, albeit at a bigger scale.

  • @Megaace said: Less time, less money and less resources to make good graphic adventures...
    Telltale has sold to Hollywood. Now I am depressed... I am going to drink a full bottle of whisky right now... :(

    Oi.

    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/telltale-creates-new-game-pilot-program/


    Less money? What?

  • @Icedhope said: They're still fans craving for it, and beleive me I love Jurassic Park, and there needs to be something done with the franchise because honestly it's a good franchise that has a fanbase.

    I love Jurassic Park. I love Back to the Future. But I don't want an "action game" or an "action adventure" from Telltale. There are hundreds of companies doing these types of games. I want Telltalle doing what they are the best and the only company: wonderful graphic adventures.

  • Where have they said these would be action/action-adventure games? Heck, where have they said anything about the gameplay at all? I think you're assuming a bit much.

  • @wefeelgroove said: Where have they said these would be action/action-adventure games? Heck, where have they said anything about the gameplay at all? I think you're assuming a bit much.

    Honesty, if you do a Back to the Future or a Jurassic Park game hired by Universal, I suppose they expect some action on them... Or are you going to fight with the dinosaurs collecting and using objects like in a graphic adventure?

  • Guys who said it was an action game. For all we know it could still be a normal adventure game. How I dont know, but this is telltale. I didnt think there would ever be a mario horror game but luigis mansion is out and popular.
    I didnt think there would be a full motion controller and natal is coming out, so there can be a jurassic park adventure game.

  • @Megaace said: Honesty, if you do a Back to the Future or a Jurassic Park game hired by Universal, I suppose they expect some action on them... Or are you going to fight with the dinosaurs collecting and using objects like in a graphic adventure?

    Why would Universal commission a company to do an action game that hasn't made a single action game in the 6 years they've been around?

  • @Pale Man said: Why would Universal commission a company to do an action game that hasn't made a single action game in the 6 years they've been around?

    Well, please, read the press release: "The agreement broadens Telltale's product offerings into new genres and new styles of gameplay"

    As I say, they have sold to the enemy, that is, action or action adventures games... I don't need a "hollywood-licensed action adventure game", thanks...

  • Telltale should be trying to do more than just standard adventure games, especially with the way they are getting better at delivering exciting and engaging storylines because at the end of the day that should be the most important part of a game.

    @Megaace said: There are hundreds of companies doing these types of games.

    There isn't that many and even if there were, how many of them can tell a story like Telltale can? They can't keep doing the same stuff over and over again, they need to try new things and adapt and they can only get better for it.

Add Comment