User Avatar Image

Papierwaite Appreciation Thread

posted by splash1 on - last edited - Viewed by 522 users

Come on, he's the coolest guy ever! He's smart, awesome, and he really gives Sameth & Maximus a run for their money back in 1901!

SnM_TPD_TSM_SS_papierwaite.jpg

Am I right, or what? Who's with me?

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What I want to know is where his accent comes from! He may be part French, but he certainly no speaking with a French accent. At least, he doesn't sound it.

• User Avatar Image
    joeldee Telltale Staff

I appreciate papierwaite

• I appreciate Papierwaite.

I appreciate him so much that I even take the time to put a capital letter on the front of his name :D.

• @joeldee said: I appreciate papierwaite

I appreciate men who can wear a fez and a plaid, flannel dressing gown with panache! :D

I also appreciate that Papierwaite's accent is completely and utterly not French. It's too bad we didn't see more of him in this episode :(

• @Lena_P said: I appreciate men who can wear a fez and a plaid, flannel dressing gown with panache! :D

It's not plaid. I want to say its paisley, but I'm pretty sure it's not that either. Whatever it is, I love it.

I also want to say Papierwaite is Tunisian or Moroccan, if only because of his Arab style outfit (the pointy shoes, the stripey pants, and the fez made famous in Tunisia and Morocco) and the French name. Both countries are Islam with French influence.

• Papierwaite's voice and accent are very similar to Coronado DeCava's from ToMI. I'm quite sure it's the same voice actor.

• By the way, did you know that his name kinda sounds like "paperweight"?

• @caeska said: By the way, did you know that his name kinda sounds like "paperweight"?

I never knew that! /sarcasm

• @queen_of_the_lobsters said: It's not plaid. I want to say its paisley, but I'm pretty sure it's not that either. Whatever it is, I love it.

I also want to say Papierwaite is Tunisian or Moroccan, if only because of his Arab style outfit (the pointy shoes, the stripey pants, and the fez made famous in Tunisia and Morocco) and the French name. Both countries are Islam with French influence.

Although I do admire Papierwaite as well, the gentleman in the plaid dressing gown I was referring to was this fellow. Whose name is Joel. Who works for TTG.

I'd also like to point out that Egyptians are also known for wearing fez, at least until it fell out of favor sometime in the late 60's, early 70's. Although his accent is definitely not an Egyptian or Arab accent at all. And Arabs don't actually wear elf shoes or stripey pants. I think he's just supposed to be a mysterious foreigner who has lived in Egypt for awhile.

• @Lena_P said: Although I do admire Papierwaite as well, the gentleman in the plaid dressing gown I was referring to was this fellow. Whose name is Joel. Who works for TTG.

I'd also like to point out that Egyptians are also known for wearing fez, at least until it fell out of favor sometime in the late 60's, early 70's. Although his accent is definitely not an Egyptian or Arab accent at all. And Arabs don't actually wear elf shoes or stripey pants. I think he's just supposed to be a mysterious foreigner who has lived in Egypt for awhile.

Well, you got me there with Joel! That IS plaid! Kinda wish I could see him with the stripey pants and pointy shoes as well.

Well, I'm not the best at pointing out accents (my dad's a lot better), and I had been to Tunisia recently and seen a lot of people with fezzes. I heard that fezzes are also popular among tourists in Tunisia since fezzes were popularized there a while ago. So I was really groping from that and Papierwaite's French name. Fezzes may just be prevalent there because Egypt is so prevalent in all of North Africa.

Add Comment